supporting
Undecided
home
Fae Forest
threadlog
encounters
writer
Rilo
Her voice was like music: ”Spend the day with you?” Unconsciously, his tail set to wagging when Summit saw the young woman’s positive response to his invitation. She suggested a walk and refreshments, and Summit nodded eagerly. ”If you’re up to it, can show you around. I know all the best spots.” His smile grew wider across his muzzle as he spoke, enthusiasm showing on every feature of his auburn and ivory visage. ”Cascades. Cold springs. The best flowers — except the ones in this here meadow, of course.” The ones that looked just like Mo’s amethyst orbs. The young male would sneqak another lingering glance to see her eyes again.

Ah, but if only there was enough time to show her more! Then he would show her the very best at the Highlands had to offer. It was her heritage, after all, and Summit knew every corner from the northern mountains to the southern forests, from coast to coast. The verdant forests of Perth, the way the peaks of Tir na Nog glowed at sunset (actual sunset), the sandy beaches of Aberdeen, where his family currently and temporarily resided. The lands now called Saora were filled with beauty unparalleled. It was a shame Mo had to leave so soon. Regardless, Summit was on his paws again, rising to his true height. Mo wasn’t a tiny wolfess, but she was still considerably smaller than the gentle behemoth.

”First things first, if you’ll follow me, I’ll take you to the coldest creek ever.” He would pause, waiting for Mo to be ready. ”It’ll do you wonders! Legend has it, its source is way up in Tir Na Nog – those are the highest mountains in all of Rionnach – and it travels underground all the way to the Fae Forest. It’s supposed to be enchanted, but I’ve been drinking from it since I was a kid, and I haven’t sprouted any wings or anything magical like that... yet.” His grin was playful, eyes alight. It was not often that he encountered someone so pleasant and pretty, someone who wasn't mean or instantly attacking him.

The forest was populated by random groups of wolves, despite its enigmatic reputation, but it was unlikely that would see many others, if any at all. His own family was away from the forest. He would begin to lead the way, intentionally slow so that he and Mo could walk side by side. Curiously, he would inquire: ”Have you really never been up this far north before?”

@Móinéir
coding: gutz
04-14-2024, 07:09 AM

Femme Fatale AKA The Black Widow

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Cinnamon
supporting
Undecided
home
Sussex
threadlog
encounters
writer
Eirian
shadows mutter, mist replies; darkness purrs as midnight sighs
At her suggestion, the young man lit up like the sun rising in the east, like she’d given him a gift. His tail wagged behind him as he spoke with increasing vigor, a smile spreading his face wide and reaching his excited eyes. She rose when he did, casting a true look over his appearance. His coat was a beautiful blend of strong and faint markings, similar to that of Shays but of a far warmer hue and bolder in general. He wasn’t bulky but that didn’t mean he lacked in the muscle department, just meant he wasn’t a fighter, or not an obvious one at any rate. There was no evidence of scars either which further helped to relax her, unless they were like her own and hidden beneath the thickest fur.

As he chatted on about a creek that was supposed to be magical, a playful edge creeping over his handsome features, Mo had to remind herself to stay wary. It would not do to get caught out at this stage in the game. Her brother hadn’t been careful enough and look what happened to him? Forcing an expression of happy anticipation on her face, she took her place at his side as he lead the way, looking up at him as he threw her a question. ”I never had a reason too, my family lived in Sussex. I mean, now I could go wherever I wanted, I suppose-” Mo clamped her mouth shut for a moment, thinking about what she’d lost and realising she was revealing too much, ”-it doesn’t matter either way, the war has made sure of that. I’m only here by accident”

Two birds flew overhead and she lifted her gaze to watch them as they danced after each other before disappearing into the distant treetops. Even after they were gone, the sweet notes they called to each other still permeated the air. Coming back down to earth, Mo covered her inner melancholy with a playful edge of her own as she gave Summit a light bump with her shoulder, ”What about you? Ever been south of the border?” As she said it, she found she was actually interested in the answer, a rare thing indeed when it didn’t pertain to getting specific information. If she hadn’t been deceiving him on the real reasons for her presence here, this could be considered a normal interaction, as conversation between two people getting to know each other.

Ahh but that can’t really happen can it? He can’t really know me, just the flavour of the day.

@Summit

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 11:46 AM by Móinéir.)
04-27-2024, 06:25 PM

Adventurer

from Saora
size
Extra Large
scent
Fir needles and earth
supporting
Undecided
home
Fae Forest
threadlog
encounters
writer
Rilo
She was smiling, and Summit didn’t think to question the sincerity of the girl’s expression. Mo explained that her family resided in Sussex, and without any reason to come north, she had never seen the lands beyond her home. So it was all brand new for her, and he had the good fortune of finding her. Maybe it was just like the old stories, fateful meetings in mystical woods… He nodded with somber understanding when she spoke of the war. ”...I’m only here by accident.” Summit stopped his rushing thoughts, reminding himself of the ephemeral nature of their encounter. Only for a little while. ”I’m surprised you made it past the guards at all. I've heard that they're especially watchful now."

Mismatched eyes were drawn toward the azure skies to watch a pair of birds – doves, maybe? They sang their ancient duet from their rightful place amongst the newly budding trees and branches. His attention was recaptured by the woman, however, when he felt the gentle touch of her shoulder against his, sending his heart beating into overdrive. The Mainlander femme asked if he had ever strayed to the southern lands. His parents had always warned him against going there… He had many theories as to why, but no conclusive answer. ”W-well, just once, as far as I know. B-back when I was a kid.” He paused, willing his nerves to calm and not make a fool of himself (more so). ”Also by accident, while exploring with my sister.”

The fauna and the foliage were unlike any she had seen before, he imagined, and naively, he believed it would be of interest to her. She seemed nice, but of course, things were seldom as they appeared at first glance. Summit tried to give others the benefit of the doubt, even when he probably shouldn’t. He continued along the familiar path toward the creek, stealing occasional glances at the woman beside him. He knew every bird, every flower… though not always by their technical name. ”See those white flowers that look like puffy clouds? Those only grow here, nowhere else in all of Rionnach. And they only bloom for a few weeks out of the year. So it’s lucky that you’re here right now…” Even if it was only by accident.

A winding creek came into view, and the soft sound of its serene flow filled his ears as he cast Mo a smile. ”See? Not too far.” Beneath the surface of the water, colorful rocks glittered beneath the slow-moving waters. Verdant ferns grew along the sandy shores, and the clear liquid reflected the trees above.

@Móinéir
04-28-2024, 05:52 AM

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Cinnamon
supporting
Undecided
home
Sussex
threadlog
encounters
writer
Eirian
It seemed her guide may have had a solid understanding of the world they currently walked through but little experience of her own. She gave a true smile, looking down at her paws as he spoke of exploring with his sister.”That must have been a shock to your system”, she said, though Mo doubted the venture was anything close to the kind of outings she had had with her own sibling. They were not the kind of stories a person shared with just anyone. The twins had been as close as people could get, save for the obvious, clinging to each other throughout childhood, having each other’s backs and working together to get jobs done. It’s why they had been so sought out, they were a perfect team. Mo would never have gone on the job that got him killed, but if she had, would he still be alive? It was no use wondering but from time to time she still did.

They walked in silence for a while as he lead the way. It was clear by his sure footing that he knew where he was going but she remained alert, ears perked, nose twitching for any sort of sign that they weren’t alone. It wouldn’t be the first time that a friendly face had lead her to a quiet corner, only that quiet corner had been filled with his ‘friends’. Luckily, her own band of ‘friends’ had been tailing the pair, lead by her brother. These boys had gotten on the wrong side of the wrong people and paid the fair price for their desires. It was one of the last jobs she’d done before taking up her post at the brothel. At least the ones that went there paid for the privilege, and there was consent, so to speak. No one chose that job unless they’d either given up or had no other options left.

Her worry was in vain though. Summit pointed out a clump of white flowers, explaining how she was lucky to be here to see them because of how rare the bloom was. She studied them curiously, giving them a delicate sniff. ”They're pretty for sure”, she murmured, looking up at him under her lashes before continuing on. The creek was empty of other bodies, its melodic rhythms reaching them just before it came into view. Unable to help herself, Mo gave a small gasp at the spectacle and was slow to step forward, hips swaying as she approached the waters edge. She pushed past some ferns and flexed her toes as they sunk into the sand, enjoying the sensation before lowering her head and taking a long drink from the water. It was as refreshing as Summit had promised, crisp, clean, pure. The opposite of her.

She lifted her head and gave it a small shake, tongue flicking out to catch the last droplets as she turned to look at her guide. ”It's everything you said”, Mo said, casting another look around, just in case, ”just… beautiful”. Thrusting a paw into the gentle waters, she shifted a few stones, watching as the rising sun caused their colours to become alive. Giving a small sigh before putting her smile back in place, the young woman stepped back and waited to see what else Summit had in mind for the day.

@Summit

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 11:46 AM by Móinéir.)
04-28-2024, 09:41 AM

Adventurer

from Saora
size
Extra Large
scent
Fir needles and earth
supporting
Undecided
home
Fae Forest
threadlog
encounters
writer
Rilo
It was curious. Despite his observation about wary guards that kept the borders, Mo said nothing about the circumstances of her appearance in the lands forbidden to her. Instead, the she-wolf remarked, ”That must have been a shock to your system”. He made a soft sound of agreement. ”We made it as far as the forest with all the red trees. Journey got a little spooked, so we turned back around and came home. Home being… well, here, mostly. We travel a lot – me and my family – but this is where we always end up again.” He spoke freely about his family and with a warm smile, evidence that they were all very close.

Summit watched with a sideways smile as Mo leaned closer to the cloud flowers to test their scent, noting that they were pretty. Then, she looked up at him with those big, beautiful violet eyes. The wolf felt a flush of warmth jolt through his form as she stepped away from him, her lithe frame drawing his attention, but he was swift to look away. Now the warmth in his body felt more like a fever, and he stared down at the sandy floor before him to avoid staring. Mo moved closer to the water’s edge, he observed from the corner of a coral-hued eye.

”It's everything you said. just… beautiful”. An unconscious sigh escaped his dark lips, gazing daring to lift again to see her tawny pelt in contrast with the verdant scenery. ”Yeah. Beautiful.” The Mainlander femme’s dainty paws, white as snow, slipped into the clear water, and Summit’s attention turned toward the small ripples she created, little circles that spread outward, growing larger and larger until they disappeared in the current. Summit couldn’t help but notice how small they looked in comparison with his own enormous paws.

He moved closer hesitantly to where she stood, his own pale paws dipping into the cool waters. ”What do you think? Is it magi–” There were times his gigantic size did him no favors. And this proved to be one of those times. Before he could finish his question or even the word, the small pebbles beneath his forepaws gave out beneath his weight, slipping away from the bank. The behemoth fell into the water snout-first. He sent giant waves to splash in every direction – including Mo’s – successfully destroying the serenity of the scene. Despite how frigid the water was, Summit felt a flush of embarrassment, sitting in the once-peaceful creek, cold water dripping from his cheeks and muzzle. With a sheepish grin, he found Mo’s amethyst gems. ”S-sorry ‘bout that…” Summit had never been known for his grace. The hazards of having extra large feet and a lifelong penchant for clumsiness... He hoped the woman wouldn't be too upset.

@Móinéir
04-28-2024, 11:24 AM

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Cinnamon
supporting
Undecided
home
Sussex
threadlog
encounters
writer
Eirian
She hadn’t quite cleared the waters edge when Summit came up beside her, a question on his lips when-SPLASH-he tumbled headfirst into the calm waters. Given his large size and the spectacular way he fell, water went in every direction at a surprising height. Even as she skittered to the side at the sudden movement, body tense and ready for anything, it coated her front half in a way that stopped her in her tracks. Shock was etched on her face as she took him in, sitting there in the creek, soaking wet and sheepish as he apologised. As her brain came to terms with the fact that she wasn’t in danger, something warm touched her chest as she stared at him. A grin slowly spread her lips when she suddenly burst forward and made a leap like that of a fox, bringing her forepaws together and dashing them in the water to splash him back before falling backwards onto the sand.

Sitting there, Mo did something that was incredibly rare for her. She laughed. It was not the seductive giggle she reserved for her marks, nor was it the bitter, hard faced laugh she used amongst her criminal peers. It was a true laugh, the type that starts in the belly and bursts forth in an uncontrollable fit that leaves you breathless and gasping. When she finally got a hold of herself, she managed to say, ”I guess you make a habit of that huh?” An image of him falling down the hill almost had her going again but she held it back, but her smile remained in place as she stood and gave a great shake of her coat. ”I'm sorry, are you okay there Summit?”, it seemed only decent to check he was uninjured.

Given the way he fell, she wouldn’t be surprised if his nose hadn’t gotten a little bruised. As for his ego and his pride, she imagined they were more than a little sore. Making a fool of yourself, especially in front of a stranger, never felt good, no matter who you were. She walked back into the water and lifted her paw, hovering it over his nose before stroking him down his sopping cheek. ”Seriously, you should be more careful. Wouldn’t want to break that handsome face now would we?”, she teased, backing it up with the gentlest of kisses to his nose to ease the sting before backing off and sitting expectantly on the driest part left on the bank.

@Summit

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 05:02 PM by Móinéir.)
04-28-2024, 05:01 PM

Adventurer

from Saora
size
Extra Large
scent
Fir needles and earth
supporting
Undecided
home
Fae Forest
threadlog
encounters
writer
Rilo
She looked shocked… as anyone would, were they the target of a pint sized tsunami in the middle of a sunny forest, and the droplets dripped from her tawny coat. For a second, Summit winced, worried that his misstep would drive the she-wolf away, annoy, or otherwise offend. Instead, a slow smile traced her dark lips. She pounced forward suddenly, and his expression turned from sheepish to surprised as she sent a wave of her own crashing in his direction. In the blink of an eye, she was back on the shore again.

That was when Mo began to laugh — understandably, given Summit’s current state, drenched and sitting in the cold creek. His ears folded backward toward his skull as he watched her on the sand, feminine laughter filling the forest air like a melody. For a moment, he didn’t say anything, didn’t move an inch. Then, he started to laugh, too, unabashed and unashamed. If this was what it took to hear her laughter, then it was worth it. It felt nice just to laugh, to forget about the rest of the world and its troubles, if only for a moment. But Summit was grateful it was a moment he got to share with his new friend.

The golden-hued femme was still smiling when she teased, ”I guess you make a habit of that huh?” Another sheepish grin appeared on his ivory muzzle. ”Well… The males in my family are not known for being graceful,” he offered up with another laugh. Of course, that only consisted of him, his father, and a new pup who hadn’t even opened his eyes yet. But it was probably a safe bet that he would be just as clumsy as his big brother and his sire, once he was on his feet and on the move soon. Call it an unfortunate genetic trait.

The fair maiden asked if he was alright, and Summit finally climbed to his gigantic paws to stand carefully in the creek, streams of water dripping from his flame-kissed pelt. A lifetime of traveling had carved a strong physique, athletic, but without the hulking muscle of a trainer soldier, though he certainly had the potential to be a great fighter – physically, anyway. Summit would never hurt another soul and found the violence of armies to be detestable. A product of the peaceful way in which he had been raised.

He remained in the water still when Mo came close again. A dainty paw rose to gently touch Summit’s auburn-kissed cheek as she reminded him to be more cautious… ”Wouldn’t want to break that handsome face now would we?” Her words were punctuated with a soft kiss to his nose… And just like that, the fever had returned, burning in his veins and pulsing through his core. It felt as if the heart was trying to escape his rib cage, beating so furiously that he was certain Mo could hear it. Obviously flustered, for a lingering moment, the youth sat looking as stunned as if he had seen a leprechaun. Time to remember his manners – and for his nervous stutter: ”Oh, th-thank you. Th-that’s mighty kind of ya.”

A second would pass before, “Hey Mo?” Are y-you, um…” Real, or just a dream? The most interesting and beautiful wolf in the world? Single?... ”…Hungry?”

@Móinéir
05-04-2024, 06:42 AM