supporting
Undecided
home
Fae Forest
threadlog
encounters
writer
Rilo
The eastern skies were alight with brilliant colors.
Voluminous clouds were painted scarlet and indigo, gold and cerulean, as beautiful a sunset as there could ever be. The cresting dawn sunshine illuminated the surrounding forest in a warm glow, the northern mountains’ peaks were obscured behind a veil of colorful clouds. As the sun continued its slow crawl away from the eastern horizon, the morning music began. The cool air was filled with the cheerful melodies of songbirds after a long, silent winter, as they began to return and build their nests.

Spring was finally here, and the season of change ushered in new life. Rays of light revealed a solitary figure on a hill overlooking a verdant meadow, pale pelt turned golden by the sunrise. The snow had melted at long last, leaving vibrant shades of green to decorate the lands now called Saora. Wildflowers were beginning to blossom, creating a patchwork quilt below the hill. The lone wolf sat in stillness, senses drinking in the peaceful morning.

Summit had four new siblings, still so little that there wasn’t much he could do to help. For a few weeks, at least, Summit was off babysitting duty. He wasn’t required to help with his baby siblings, but he wanted to. Even still, he had been intentional about spending time away from his clan to simply exist on his own, which he hadn’t done much in his two years. His mother’s recent words ruminated in his mind: ”My wish for you is to find time for yourself too...you deserve it. I would love nothing more...than for you to follow where your heart takes you." But… Isn’t that what he had been doing all along? He had his parents. He had his many, many sisters. Now he was an adult, and everything was supposed to be different. He hadn’t deduced just what that meant.

Maybe his heart spoke in a language he had not yet learned.

His gaze turned southward, where the sunrise seemed to stop, for it was dark in the direction of Rionnach, ominous clouds looming. Word of the newly defined border had traveled to even the furthest reaches of the Highlands. Access was now restricted from one land to the other, which didn’t impact Summit directly, since the young wolf had learned long ago to avoid the Mainlands. But it was sad to think that game trails would be disrupted, and heartbreaking to consider the wolves separated from their loved ones by this arbitrary new border.

The day was new, and with nowhere to be, Summit rose to his full height. He briefly considered rolling down the hill the way he had as a kid with his sisters. The carefree days of youth felt further away with each sunset; he decided against revisiting that old game. But the morning dew, coupled with enormous paws, spelled disaster: one misstep and he slipped, sending the man tumbling down the hill. His massive size did him no favors as his speed accelerated, despite his attempts to stop, he was helpless as he rolled all the way down into the meadow…

Summit’s momentum ceased only when his face collided with the hard ground. He groaned as he pulled himself up to a sitting position, paw rubbing his snout. Bits of grass and twigs and flowers adorned his pelt now, fur tousled and messy. In his self-made chaos, the brute failed to notice if others were near.

coding: gutz
04-06-2024, 12:24 PM

Femme Fatale AKA The Black Widow

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Cinnamon
supporting
Undecided
home
Sussex
threadlog
encounters
writer
Eirian
shadows mutter, mist replies; darkness purrs as midnight sighs
The night had been blissfully uneventful, thank whoever was in charge of such matters. Uneventful meant boring. Boring meant safe. Safe meant a job going well without any hiccups and everyone being paid. Which was the point at the end of the day. Luckily, her part had been played very well and the one chance of the nights work going to shit was sidelined by her skilful distraction of some border guards. Believing her to be lost, they dutifully lead her in the ‘right direction’, which so happened to be the opposite way from her colleagues. Unfortunately, it had put her in the position of taking a detour across the border on her way back and now she actually had managed to get her fine ass lost. She’d heard the howl in the distant south to let her know it was time to go but that barely helped save for to give her a vague direction.

Mo had never had reason to go into the Highlands and even going this far North had been a rarity for her but a respected ‘friend’ had specifically asked her to do this job. After what had happened to Shay, she typically avoided such risky business but this time she couldn’t. She owed him and he was dangerous enough to not be the kind of person one just ignored such things with. He was being pretty competitive with this choice to smuggle who-knows-what across the newly established border, but that was his choice. Mo knew there’d be others not so happy that he was stepping into such games, there would be backlash for sure. It wasn’t her problem though, no more than it was to know what was being smuggled. No questions asked, no answers to give, that was her motto with jobs like this.

The scenery was beautiful, she could at least admit that to herself. With springs arrival, this quiet space seemed to come to life. With the sun’s determination to arrive, the birds sang out an alert that would have been charming had it not meant that getting back across the border would be made all the trickier. Hopefully if she met anymore guards, they would be a different shift and she could say she was lost again. At least it wouldn’t be a lie. ”Well fuck me”, she muttered as she came down the last part of mountainous monotony and into a field of brilliant wildflowers, something one didn’t see in the city. Beautiful? Check. But they were not recognisable so ultimately, Mo was not where she should have been. Plus she wasn’t alone there.

Upon a hill across the way stood a red a white monolit, likewise enjoying the view. Who was this out at such an hour? For a moment, she felt sure that trouble stood there and was just about to look for yet another route to take when the man went flying down the steep slope in a very unconventional manner. As he tumbled down in a less than graceful heap of fur, she couldn’t help but smile, fear ebbing away. Watching someone do that just made it kinda easy not to see them as a threat. Screw it, maybe he’ll know which way I’m supposed to go. Trotting through the flowers at a sharp pace, her grin turned into a snicker as he came to a stop, using his head as a break. As he sat up and began rubbing his nose, now decorated in flora and fauna and looking ‘oh so masculine’, Mo approached tentatively. Time to test the waters and didn’t she just know the best ways to soothe bruised egos, and asses, in this case.

”Oooh that looked like it had ta hurt, ya okay there mister?” she asked, tilting her head and putting on a smile that said she was amused but being polite. Teasing could go one of two ways with males, so she had to be careful. She gave a little wave of her tail to show she was simply being playful as she came to a stop near him.

@Summit
[Mo has a perma pass]

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 05:25 PM by Móinéir.)
04-06-2024, 06:13 PM

Adventurer

from Saora
size
Extra Large
scent
Fir needles and earth
supporting
Undecided
home
Fae Forest
threadlog
encounters
writer
Rilo
Summit was still dazed, head spinning from his freefall. Already, his titanic frame was beginning to hurt. He would be feeling this one for a while. Only too late did he detect that someone else had arrived in the morning meadow. Suddenly, a hazy vision of gold appeared before him, a soft feminine form aglow in the dawn’s light… was this the work of the Fae, or a figment of his muddled mind?

Then, a feminine voice spoke: ”Oooh that looked like it had ta hurt, ya okay there mister?” She smiled, thus convincing Summit that she was neither a creature of magic nor his imagination run wild. ”Ah!” Never adept at hiding his feelings from his expressive facade, it was obvious he was startled by the she-wolf’s “sudden” appearance. The stranger didn’t appear to be frightened of the behemoth, and as she came into clearer view, Summit was surprised to find it was a girl near his own age. A white diamond adorned her forehead, tawny cheeks and ivory muzzle.

But it was her violet eyes that captured his attention, as lovely as any wildflower that bloomed in the meadow – and, he dared to think, perhaps even lovelier than that. Of course, he didn’t dare to say it, instead looking away, sudden shyness creeping in that was quite uncharacteristic of the youth. He stared into the eastern skies, golds and violets. ”Oh, no big deal,” he offered in his deep tones, even if he didn’t look it or necessarily believe it, there was no need to worry a stranger. He was now thoroughly decorated by spring, with a yellow dandelion poking out from between his ears, and tufts of grass covering his large form.

Well, at least he wouldn’t look intimidating in this state.

The wolf willed his unusual gaze to return to the captivating amethyst sights of the stranger. ”I, um, I’m Summit.” He offered his name, even though she hasn’t asked. His pale muzzle wore a lopsided, sheepish grin. "Didn't think I'd be seein' anyone out here so early." He quickly added, "N-not that it's a bad thing!" He didn't mind having company, not one bit. "It's a nice morning, such pretty eye–er, sunset! P-pretty sunset today, don't you think? Heheh..." He closed his mouth, cringing at his own words and wishing that the earth would open and swallow him up right then and there.

@Móinéir
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 01:04 PM by Summit.)
04-12-2024, 03:39 PM

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Cinnamon
supporting
Undecided
home
Sussex
threadlog
encounters
writer
Eirian
It was amusing to see the huge male be startled, his wide eyes catching onto hers. In that moment, she realised they were two different colours. The left was pale green, almost like sea foam. The right was red but not harsh like blood, more along the lines of an orange flower that bordered on red. Overall, the effect was pretty striking against his light coat. Mo didn’t get long to examine them before they turned away, intent on the rising sun as he declared himself fine. Wondering if he was merely embarrassed, she waited with a smile to see if he had anything more to offer before speaking but it turned out that he did. That great head swivelled back in her direction as he offered her his name.

She would have offered her own in returned but found herself distracted by his lopsided smile. It seemed so genuine and sweet, almost in contrast to his deep voice as he continued talking. The way he spoke was a tumble of words, polite words that fumbled and seemed to try their hardest to make a good first impression. She sat down, her smile becoming a true one by the time a pause appeared. ”I believe you meant sunrise”, she corrected him delicately, with a small laugh of her own, hoping to convey that she found his slip up charming instead of embarrassing. Her own head turned to watch the climbing orb, trying to see the beauty in the sky and its colours rather than thinking about the fact that she should be long gone already.

”I’m Móinéir, well, Mo… most people call me Mo. It’s very nice to meet you Summit”, she said with a grin, turning back to him as she adopted an air of embarrassment. ”I didn’t expect to find anyone either, but I’m glad I did”, she told him, glancing down at her paws, ”I was out with friends last night and I ah, ended up on my own. Seems I’ve gotten myself lost and I just can’t for the life of me find the border. I’ve been wandering for a few hours now…” Mo gave a sigh and looked back up at him expectantly but with just the right level of shyness. If he was as good natured as he appeared, especially with the amount of meadow he was currently sporting, then there was a good chance he’d offer to take her where she needed to go. With the help of a native, there was less chance that she would end up in trouble again. Damn those soldiers.

@Summit

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 05:24 PM by Móinéir.)
04-13-2024, 12:55 PM

Adventurer

from Saora
size
Extra Large
scent
Fir needles and earth
supporting
Undecided
home
Fae Forest
threadlog
encounters
writer
Rilo
As his wits returned to him, Summit willed himself not to let his mismatched eyes linger too long on the femme’s delicate features. Staring was rude, after all. But the stranger was beautiful, and he couldn’t help but steal another glance at his unexpected morning companion. When he did peer back at her, those violet sights were upon him, and despite the chill of early morning, Summit felt a flush of warmth in his cheeks. Sucking in a deep, steadying breath, he clamped his mouth shut and straightened his posture, attempting to look a bit more presentable, dandelions or not.

The wolfess sat beside him, and her smile was contagious as her feminine scent, mixed with the hint of cinnamon, filled his senses. In spite of his stumbling words, she didn’t poke fun or call him names. With a good natured laugh, she pointed out what was more than obvious: ”I believe you meant sunrise.” He blinked, only now catching his error. ”Oh, yeah, that’s what I meant. Sunrise. Definitely a sunrise…” His ears fell flat with embarrassment, eyes desperately fixed upon the sunset, but the conversation hurried along, to his great relief.

”I’m Móinéir, well, Mo… most people call me Mo. It’s very nice to meet you Summit.” Now there is a name you don’t hear everyday. Summit wasn’t certain he could say it correctly, to make it sound as melodic as its owner. He was glad that her monkier came with a shortened version, and he repeated it under his breath. ”Mo. She continued: ”I didn’t expect to find anyone either, but I’m glad I did.” A hopeful look appeared as he sought her amethyst stare again. She was glad to find him…?

Mo began to explain that she had gotten separated from her group and was now lost, and Summit’s expressive facade scrunched up with concern for the she-wolf’s predicament. ”Well, I know this forest like the back of my paw.” He raised an enormous front paw as if to demonstrate. ”Lived here most of my life! I can help you find the–”

Wait… where did she want to go?

He paused before he offered, in case she was more lost than she thought: ”You’re in the Highla– or, Saora now, I guess they call it? The Fae Forest. I know the border is close, but…” With some hesitation, he asked, ”Which side of the border are you looking to be on? I know there are lots of guards there, from both sides.”

@Móinéir
04-13-2024, 01:33 PM

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Cinnamon
supporting
Undecided
home
Sussex
threadlog
encounters
writer
Eirian
Well what did you know? Looked like she’d found a concerned gentleman. That didn’t happen very often and she was glad for the sudden advantage, especially since he was a native. She gave a small shake of her head and gave a look of despair, ”Damn, sorry… I’m supposed to be south of the border. I come from the Mainlands, haven’t been north very often but it was nice to get a way from the hustle and bustle. I knew walking over that mountain was a bad idea”. She pursed her lips and scrubbed her nose with a forepaw, ”I really don’t want to get into trouble, I never bothered myself with the war. Politics aren’t my thing… ya know?”

She took a moment to look around the meadow, to really look and take it in as she thought back to her journey through the mountain. ”The Highlands really are as beautiful as my mother said”[b], she whispered, [b]”she always wished to come back here, now I see why”. Mo looked back at him, suddenly embarrassed to have shared this information, ”My mum was a Highlander, as were my grandparents. I’ve never been here before”. She gave a slight shrug, almost wistful but she pushed the feeling aside. She’d never had a good enough reason to come this far north and now, thanks to the war, just trying had its dangers. This was simply a misadventure, a blip in her otherwise spotless record.

She cocked her head and gave a small smile, ”Id really appreciate the help, if you’re still willing. It’s okay if you’re not, it’s bad enough I’ve gotten myself into trouble”.

@Summit

04-13-2024, 02:10 PM

Adventurer

from Saora
size
Extra Large
scent
Fir needles and earth
supporting
Undecided
home
Fae Forest
threadlog
encounters
writer
Rilo
Her despairing look caused the heart within his ribcage to drop, along with the knowledge that she wasn’t supposed to be there, standing in the morning light with him in this meadow. It seemed the girl had wandered beyond her homelands. Summit wondered as he glanced at the wolfess again… How did she get across the border in the first place? The fire-kissed youth had made an effort to avoid the newly designated line that separated one kingdom from the other. ”Yeah, I don’t get involved with any of that business. There’s no good that comes from war,” he concluded with a firm nod. ”And I don’t want you gettin’ into any trouble, either.”

Mo’s voice was quiet as a lullaby as she spoke of the beauty of this place, as well as a mother who, it seemed, would not be returning to the Highlands. A small frown crossed his muzzle as he listened attentively, without interruption. She explained that her maternal lineage hailed from the same lands as his own, but she had never visited the northern lands. Finally, with the hint of a grin and the flourish of an enormous paw, he said, ”Welcome to the Highlands, then.”

With a soft smile, the Mainlander spoke again, and she had Summit’s undivided attention now as . ”Id really appreciate the help, if you’re still willing.” He attempted a smile, but he felt a heaviness now. ”I want to help, but…” Focus wavered again, turning toward the dreary south. ”I’m afraid I don’t know how to get you back where you came from. Before the war, it was easy enough. Now…” The unfairness of it felt a bit more personal now. He shook his head. ”But I’ll do what I can! I could – maybe I could go ahead and look for a place without any guards?” He wouldn't think twice about helping her, even if she was little more than a stranger. He finally allowed his eyes to finally settle on her tawny facade, offering a reassuring smile. How frightened she must be, he thought, to be so far from home!

@Móinéir
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 02:36 PM by Summit.)
04-13-2024, 02:34 PM

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Cinnamon
supporting
Undecided
home
Sussex
threadlog
encounters
writer
Eirian
He was a different flavour for sure. This Summit was not a fighter, well, at least he wasn’t a soldier or interested in the war. Given his size and the fact that he seemed in good shape, he’d have been a prime candidate. In another life, she would have been too, if she’d not become a criminal, or had an ounce of patriotism. In truth, where she lived was just that, a place to live and work. It was where her clients were, where her victims happened to be too. Her home had been the people she loved and now that they were gone, it was something she simply didn’t have and she’d accepted that. It was what it was and no amount of tears or wishful thinking would change that. All she could do was carry on living, the only way she knew how.

She protected herself and her interests and never put herself out on a limb without having a very good reason. Yet here was this stranger, ready to put himself on the firing line, risking prison, to help her find a way back to a place she didn’t even like. What’s your angle? she thought, what do you get out of it? She didn’t ask though, afraid he’d take his offer back and then she’d be royally fucked. ”That’s so kind of you but I couldn’t ask you to do that, perhaps you could just take me to where the border is? I’m sure I can find my own way from there”. She half raised herself, lifting a forepaw and after a moments hesitation, reached forwards and gently removed the dandelion from Summits head.

She allowed the paw to drift a little, almost stroking his cheek before she pulled away. Mo gave it a sniff and giggled before she released it into the grasses at their feet. She looked up from under her lashes in a shy manner, deciding that being too forward would spook him, unless he was likewise feigning innocence. It was hard to tell this early on, not that she hadn’t had a lot of practice getting the measure of others within the first few minutes of meeting them. Especially men. Could never be too careful when it came to the opposite sex, not that women were any easier to trust. As she’d seen in the brothel house, women could be just as vicious, though more often they found slyer ways of doing it.

@Summit

04-13-2024, 03:19 PM

Adventurer

from Saora
size
Extra Large
scent
Fir needles and earth
supporting
Undecided
home
Fae Forest
threadlog
encounters
writer
Rilo
The sky’s vibrant hues were fading into a picturesque shade of azure as the sun slowly crawled away from the eastern horizon, casting golden rays of light. The birds still sang, and the meadow still bloomed. All of these things surrounded him, but for now, Summit’s focus was fixed upon the seemingly shy girl. When he allowed his gaze to linger without shying away, he noted the soft curves of her visage, the purest white that splashed her cheek. Her feminine features, coupled with sandy-russet fur, only further accented those purple gems that held his attention.

”That’s so kind of you but I couldn’t ask you to do that, perhaps you could just take me to where the border is? I’m sure I can find my own way from there.” He didn’t doubt for a second that she was anything more or less than a lost traveler in a strange land. Her friends were probably worried sick about her. But before he could respond, she was reaching her much smaller digit toward him. The breath hitched in his throat at the sudden nearness of her paw, close enough that he could feel the brush of fur against his flushed face. The yellow flower he had worn was discarded at their feet, and his gaze followed it bashfully, noticing the size difference between her dainty paws and his clumsy, giant paws.

Seconds would pass before Summit remembered that she had said something and he hasn't responded. His focal point snapped upward again to those purple gems, clearing his throat before he stammered: ”Oh, w-well I don’t – know where the border is exactly…” He confessed with another sheepish grin. ”But we can find it. Or I could find it, and you can stay here and keep safe until I come back for ya. The guards won’t stray out this far.” Summit was resolute: he had to help. If it were him, or his family, he hoped that a kind stranger would help them just the same. He thought of the characters in the old stories his mother told him and his sisters when they were little, the heroes who rescued those in need. Because it was the right thing to do.

He pursed his lips tightly, making a little hm sound as his stare roamed again to the southern horizon. ”It’s still early, so maybe if there are any guards, they’re still very sleepy and not paying close attention,” he offered with a chuckle. ”Or if night is safer for traveling, you would definitely be safe here for the day. I’d make sure of it.” A bright smile accompanied his words as he dared to speak her name again. "Mo."

@Móinéir
04-13-2024, 04:59 PM

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Cinnamon
supporting
Undecided
home
Sussex
threadlog
encounters
writer
Eirian
It seemed her move with the flower had worked well, the young man lost his voice for several moments as he followed the trail of the flower and settled on their paws. When those strange eyes came back up to meet hers, he appeared dazed, until he spoke. After that, his expression because one of focus and determination as he searched for an answer to her problem. He continued to ponder and she did the same, but any suggestions she might have disappeared as he came up with a solution that had her stumped yet surprisingly intrigued. He wants me to spend the day with him? She couldn’t deny that night would be safer, less likely to be seen at the very least.

But beyond that, it was the promise of seeing a bit more of the land her mother had left behind for the cold comfort of a brothel house in the seedy part of a heartless town. The thing is, Mo couldn’t even judge or blame her mum for staying in such a life since all she’d managed to do was leave the brothel behind but not the world. That criminal element was what raised her, was the reason she was still alive. It was also partly to blame for her being alone but that was by the by. It’s all she had left.

She gave the male a big smile. Perhaps he would be true to the nature he’d shown her and actually be good company. It had been a long time since she’d had the luxury. And if he proved to have bad intentions, well, it would be him having a very bad day. ”Spend the day with you?” she asked, cocking her head and giving a wag of her tail, ”I think I’d like that very much. It would certainly make up for a bad night, I’m sure”. She looked up the hill he’d first appeared on, just about able to make out the tree tops above it. That must of been the Fae Forest he had mentioned. I wonder what he was doing, out here so early. ” Perhaps we could walk a little bit, maybe find some refreshments… I didn’t really have chance to rest last night”, she added the last part sheepishly, even though it was true.

@Summit

04-13-2024, 06:17 PM