supporting
Undecided
home
Rionna
threadlog
encounters
writer
droid
Anxieties washed away as Xandria accepted his apologies - though truth be told, he knew she would. They had had spats over the years, however most had been minor with Xandria as the instigator and Sethos the easy target. This was their largest one by far, and it provided an immense amount of reassurance and stability for him that she still loved him in the end. After his outburst, he was exhausted; his bones and muscles ached and all he wanted to do was go to bed and sleep for at least three years.

But sleep would not come to him tonight, not after the information that Xandria just gave him. Sethos's ears twitched as he listened to her, committing to his memory the words spoken and names given. He noted the appearance of the man he would go seek out, and his ears, once alert and attentive, now laid flat against his helm as he took how gravely serious this suddenly became.

“You cannot tell Cairo we’re looking for him. She’s oddly protective of that Jacobite,”

Cairo was involved somehow. This fact alone made the dark hairs along his hackles raise with indignation. Was it because of this protection that their mother was targeted? He wasn't there, so he wasn't sure.

"Then what I will be doing is committing treason in her eyes," he mused quietly, blazing eyes steady as he watched his sisters face. It didn't change his decision, and this would be obvious with the tone of his voice. Another moment passed as he thought, and hesitantly, he added, "I think you should stay home, Ria. You have children, and a husband..." I don't, came the silent admission. He wouldn't want his sister being harmed or accused of anything that could harm Mios and Miread, or the relationship with their mother.

Her growl raised every red flag, and he wondered just how deep this rabbit hole was about to become. "Do you know anything else that would help us? Why would she help this Jacobite?" Sethos didn't particularly side one way or the other in the political nightmare that Rionna and Saora had become, but when it involved Nassar's death... he was puzzled.

And angry. So very, very angry. And now his sights were not only on the murderer of their mother, but Cairo as well.
STOCK➤ Dawnthieves ART ➤AMPHI
03-13-2024, 10:30 PM

Colonel

from Rionnach
size
Medium
scent
Jasmine
supporting
Undecided
home
Rionna
writer
Pixel
Xandria released a heavy sigh as the weight of Sethos’ words settled over her. The last thing she wanted to do was keep secrets from her sister, but she didn't believe that she would be accepting of any of their plans. Vengeance or otherwise. Her lawful nature hadn't been compromised by their father's death so she doubted she would start approving of such personal vendettas just because it was their mother this time. “Cairo wouldn't approve of us taking vengeance into our own paws. She didn't before,” she pointed out, golden eyes showing sadness and regret. “It’d be ideal if we were united in this cause, but not everyone will accept it. It's murder,” she admitted, knowing that they both knew this, but feeling the need to say it anyway.

“That's what I need to talk to Belfast about. He wouldn't approve either,” again she shook her head, wishing that everyone would understand how important it was for blood to answer blood. It was when she saw a dangerous look in Sethos’ gaze that she realised she might have made a mistake by bringing Cairo’s name into this. “Hey. Stop it. What happened to mom is not Cairo’s fault,” she told him firmly, placing her paws on his shoulders and looking him in the eyes. “That red eyed Jacobite attacked us and mom died protecting us. Save your anger for him,” she insisted, above all else she wanted the family to stay together. “The other jacobite just happened to be there. He was heavily injured so maybe Cairo was trying to save lives. I don't know, but I don't want to take any risks that could compromise our hunt,” she explained further, but she was still angry that Cairo had stopped her from biting him when he reached for her. She had her suspicions that the man was a friend of Cairo's, but as loyal to the crown as she was Xandria had her doubts.
art + code: clae
03-15-2024, 05:18 AM

Captain

from Rionnach
size
Extra Large
scent
Leather & Rosewood
supporting
Undecided
home
Rionna
threadlog
encounters
writer
droid
As Sethos stewed, his sister spoke.

"It's murder," and Sethos couldn't help but give her a look that spoke for itself - duh! A small smile graced his features then, finding it oddly satisfying to crack jokes about a topic so dark. Murder was illegal in Rionnach, but what the powers of Rionnach didn't know...

“That's what I need to talk to Belfast about. He wouldn't approve either,” an ear flicked at the mention of her husband. While the soldier didn't know the man whom his sister hid in her room for much of their childhood very well, he knew he was a softer man; one who possessed much more reason than Xandria did. At this point, more reason than Sethos as well. It didn't take much thought to know that he would not approve of Xandria heading this hunt, or honestly being any part of it. He weighed this realization, taking it into consideration carefully as Xandria mused and gave him more information.

He would be doing this alone... unless... Ahkoris and Sybil didn't have children, yet. They had each other, but maybe they'd hunt along with Sethos as a team. The three of them would be able to confront the problem and get out unscathed - most likely. He made a mental note to approach them later, quietly of course.

“Hey. Stop it. What happened to mom is not Cairo’s fault,” Sethos blinked, looking at Xandria steadily. Whether or not it was Cairo's fault was, in his opinion, still up for debate, for if there was any hesitation on the battlefield for any reason, that could have potentially cost a life. However, the man kept his mouth shut and simply nodded once. She explained further about the blue Jacobite, how Cairo was perhaps trying to save lives.

Perhaps she should have been trying to save the right one. Again, Sethos was silent. These thoughts were sinful, and better not to be uttered until there was cold, hard evidence that proved them. And he would find that evidence, one way or another, while he searched for this red-eyed murderer.

With that, Sethos rose to his full height. His back was starting to ache, so it was time to go back to his quarters and fetch some pain relievers. Not wanting Xandria to catch on to any of his current thought patterns, he leaned forward and bumped his forehead against hers lovingly.

"I must go rest if I want any chance at returning to my post in the Army. I wish I could stay longer," this was a genuine statement, "I appreciate your time and patience with me today, Ria. The pain... gets to me sometimes. I'm sorry again." his orange eyes found her golden ones and held them with glittering adoration. Now that their mother was gone, there was no one else that possessed the level of love that he held for his sister. "Talk to Belfast and get back to me. We will figure this out, together. I promise."

And after one last head bump for good measure, Sethos limped out of her room and made his way, slowly, back to his own.

-- Exit Sethos --
STOCK➤ Dawnthieves ART ➤AMPHI
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 10:13 PM by Sethos.)
03-22-2024, 10:09 PM
Thread Closed