supporting
Jacobite
home
Tir Na Nog
threadlog
crow
writer
alz
Suffering a brutal loss for his debut in the secret underground fight club was not what Bastien, under the alias Crow, had planned, even less prepared for that loss to be doled out by someone a quarter of his size. But fate was a fickle, unfeeling mistress with no love for who she decided to fuck. He was unconscious when the guards came to drag him away, sparing him that embarrassment at least.

As for the others, he could avoid them only until his body healed enough that the shock ebbed from his system and those crimson eyes flared back to life. The blood had clotted in his pristine white fur, staining it ruddy red but preventing more from spilling out, but his internal wounds weren’t so forgiving. Screaming pain made the nerves in his back fret, radiating down from his spinal column, yet he couldn’t remember the last time he’d felt so alive that couldn’t be amounted to the embrace of a twilight lover. This was a feeling worth fighting for.

His tongue lolled out the side of his open mouth, propped against a wall, while he observed the other ongoing brawls (and ignored the ridicule his somewhat underhanded tactics had earned). If it bothered him, he was in too good of spirits to show it.

Even better when he managed to catch the eye of his former foe. A hefty black tail raised and waved good-naturedly in invitation, Bastien heaving himself into a seated position despite the pain each movement rippled through him. “Well ya got me, mate.” There was nothing disingenuous about the newfound interest glinting keenly within red eyes. Her small stature bequeathed her with a youthful appearance that conflicted with the shrewd expression she wore and the cleverly surprising tactics she’d employed. “But you look about as good as I feel. C’mon, lass; I’m sure they’ve got a bar somewhere in this joint. Won’t fix ya, but it’ll make you think it will. First one’s on me.” Trying to stand was almost too unbearable to suffer through, but the pain was a bigger motivator than the unholy concoctions he was sure they’d be served, if ‘Nemesis’ was to accept his offer.
art by wisper & table by bunny
03-30-2024, 06:07 PM

brawler

from Rionnach
size
Small
scent
Pine and Metal
supporting
Voxi
home
Melrose
writer
Wisper
Keres

"Well ya got me, mate.” The words on a foreign tongue reached her ears while she passed by the outskirts of the ring, her intent to leave the underground behind paused a moment to give way to curiosity. Instinctively, the small woman's eyes flicked coldly toward the sound, her body rigid and distant.

Was he going to jump her now that they were out of the public's eye? Was he so disgruntled at his loss that he would want a continuance now that he was conscience again? No, that didn't seem to be the case. In fact, he appeared almost welcoming by comparison. The announcer called him 'Crow,' wasn't it?

"But you look about as good as I feel. C’mon, lass; I’m sure they’ve got a bar somewhere in this joint. Won’t fix ya, but it’ll make you think it will. First one’s on me."

A drink? With a brow quirked at the invitation, Keres scoffed, staring down at him as he labored to stand on his own. "Need something to drown your pain? Sure, but more than one drink should be on you." With that she swiveled on her heel, traces of faint whispers guiding her steps.

The exhilaration of her body near the brink of collapse overshadowed the potential tricks that the man played to get her there. The means didn't matter, this was a playground where bets were placed on who could inflict the most damage on the other. While those outside the ring could riot and boast all they wanted for the methods and excuses of their choices not succeeding, within was as simple and honest an exchange there could ever be. And if that was his honesty? At least she knew the depths he could go to ensure his survival.

@Bastien

table by rae - image on pexels
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2024, 09:30 AM by Keres.)
05-01-2024, 09:30 AM