Undecided
home
Rionna
threadlog
encounters
writer
droid
TIAMAT

He halted as she called after him, each second passing at what seemed like half the speed. Onyxia looked at him as she approached, her body language suggesting she wanted to invade his personal space but he was sure to display that he did not consent. His tail remained low, unmoving and ears remained tight against his helm.

"Thank you," she gave him, then warned of what might come. Thank you? Thank you? if he wasn't in a spiraling mental crisis, he may have laughed right in her face. The threat was meaningless to him, and to his family.

"We are trained as soldiers before we even enter the army as yearlings. If you think you can take any of us on," he paused, his eyes cold as steel, "then you are far more stupid than I took you for."

Anger flooded his veins like a caustic venom, infecting him from the inside out. Unable to manage his emotions and feeling so slighted by this woman, Sethos instead chose the path to self destruction. It is easier to deal with the immense hurt he felt by lashing out and ensuring that his affection hardened into hate. Hate was easier to hold onto. It was easier to accept than what could have been love.

"I gave you what you wanted," his voice was hollow as it was now his turn to stare pointedly at her, "now the favour you owe me is this--" the man leaned into her should she not back away, his size nearly dwarfing hers as he gave a rare display of his strength to show the severity of what he was about to say. "If you so much as breathe a word to anyone on who gave you the names you sought, I will find you." And he would. He should have kept his mouth shut, should have pretended that he hadnt a clue who she was talking about but his morality overpowered his desire to lie. And so here he was, a traitor to both family and friend.

If she should decide to burn him by telling anyone, then he would set her world on fire.

With one last remorseful look, he pressed his lips together and left her.

- exit sethos -

art ▸ ashon ☓ table ▸ bunny
03-12-2024, 09:32 AM

Freelancer

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
Maple and Pine
supporting
Undecided
home
Perth
threadlog
encounters
writer
Amanda
For doing the best to understand him, to empathize with him, to see him, she was only met with a Golden Boy gone cold. Those eyes of sorrow shot right through her, the vile words to leave his lips were nothing but a threat, and an empty one at that. She felt her hackles rise, her blood bubbling beneath her skin. Onyxia knew very well why he was mad, why he would feel the need to threaten her, but why than give up the names if he did not wish to put them in the line of fire. She asked, and he gave it where he did not owe her a single thing. It was as though he wished to see the fire rain on his family, but now he was backpedaling as he tried to douse it.

To make it all the worse he would press into her, trying to dominate over her with sheer size and the speak of strength trained down into the bloodline. She didn't fear it, not for a second, nor did she almost become crippled due to being a coward. Her lips rose over ivory fangs as a snarl ripped from her chords.

If you so much as breathe a word to anyone on who gave you the names you sought, I will find you.

"Find me and do what? Kill me? I know what its like to have nothing, no one would miss me. But how would your perfect family feel, hmm? To know it took nothing but a tickle to get you to laugh in their faces!" She spat, her words could be just as cold. "You're right, I won't breath it," a small chuckle escaped her, madness feeling like it was taking over her senses. "I will sing it..." she used the last of her words and the first of her strength to shove back into him, all in the while her jaws aiming straight for his neck. She would not take him lightly, not after the pent up anger, and embarrassment, alongside her many nights to think alone.

03-12-2024, 10:10 AM

Captain

from Rionnach
size
Extra Large
scent
Leather & Rosewood
supporting
Undecided
home
Rionna
threadlog
encounters
writer
droid
TIAMAT

She did not take kindly to being threatened, but he could only think of her as a hypocrite. Shock coloured his previously deadpan face as she barked like a yappy little puppy, threatening again on how she would sing about how she found out about who her attackers were.

And something snapped inside of him as she lunged for his throat.

It was over in seconds.

Onyxia was not only careless, but hindered from a body not yet fully healed. He wasn't either for the record, but he had years of professional training to become the war machine he was now. While he struggled with his place and decisions in life, that held no weight to how well he performed as a soldier.

Her jaws attempted to sink into his flesh and he essentially deflected her with an arm. In one fluid motion, he redirected her momentum and forced her to the ground; his body now crushing into hers, his weight bearing down on her; his tail held high in the air. Breaths came in deep and heavy as he tried to pay no mind to the explosion of pain that hummed like electricity down his spine. His legs shook a fraction, but that was his only sign that he felt anything at all.

Lips were pulled back over his teeth as he pinned her to the ground. At some point, a thunderous snarl had clapped from his chest.

He looked at her beneath him with wide, blazing eyes, wishing that she had just kept her mouth shut. Wishing that none of this has happened and they could go back to the Redwood and start all over.

He decided she wasn't worth any further dialogue. Sethos had now seen her true colours and he found them ugly. His eyes lingered on her face for a second longer before he shoved himself off with a growl and, for the third time, walked away - ironically mirroring his older brother with leaving her in the streets.

- exit sethos for realsies this time -

art ▸ ashon ☓ table ▸ bunny
03-12-2024, 10:43 AM

Freelancer

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
Maple and Pine
supporting
Undecided
home
Perth
threadlog
encounters
writer
Amanda
It was over sooner than it started. She landed a successful attack on his neck, but it seemed she took his army threat with a grain of salt. Still, under his weight with her back pressed into the ground she felt empty, a feeling that was becoming all to familiar. The anger settled with the dust and now she stared into eyes she did not know, and wished she never met. A friendship now nothing but an empty shell of who she thought she knew. He was not the kind, warm man she was coming to learn, but even still, even now as she stared back at him she could understand why and what would make him this way. She didn't know what he lost, or what war did to him, but if she could relate at all it would be with that information alone. That was what made friendship, wasn't it? Two bodies who didn't have to agree, but could come to understand.

That seemed to be the problem however, she understood him where he did not understand her. She spoke out of anger and passion because she had been so wrapped up in it that it consumed her. It was a product of her, but it was not who she was completely. Onyxia was a soul that while she grew hot, she was also warm to the right kind. They danced around a tender subject, perhaps one that could have been spoken through if they tried slightly, but all of that was lost in translation and ended with violence.

She did not regret it, she only regret not knowing what could have been if things were different. He iced her out from the moment he heard what happened to her, rightfully so. That was his family and in the end they would matter more than anything she was, or what she offered. Onyxia had always been a close second, and she never expected him to choose her over them. As he released his weight from her, the snarl that left him did not cause her to stir under pressure or fear. He was dead to her, as she wished of the rest of the Tiamats. She would wait until he was out of sight, but even still she did not leave her position as she could only stare at the ghost of him.

fade out ony

03-12-2024, 11:11 AM
Thread Closed