supporting
Jacobite
home
Perth
threadlog
encounters
writer
Lunar

The desire to cry far more than he was allowing himself burned at his lids, his heart racing as the woman was finally gone from his sight before he would focus on the cell before him, expecting nothing but the cold concrete of his prison. His ears would perk up when he’d notice a figure in the background, taking in the fire tones he knew all too well. There was a sensation of relief that came full force as he observed the sleeping figure, or perhaps unconscious was more an accurate description, wanting to run over but that wouldn’t be probable. Carefully, he’d attempt to limp over, his ears pinned as he did his best not to drag his leg and keep the noise a little more down than he had been. Rubies softened the closer he managed to get before his gaze would flicker around, weary of possible others being here as well but it seemed it was only them.

Gingerly, once he was to her side, he would slowly collapse into her, wincing with his lack of coordination. It would take a moment for him to get to a position that wasn’t entirely miserable, allowing his chest to gently press into her side. A strained smile touched his lips as his suspicions were correct, far more certain this close that these markings only belonged to one.

“Searla..” he said his sister’s name warm but meekly, pressing his muzzle into her cheek affectionately, making sure she wasn’t cold. She was most certainly breathing, warm, not at the reaper’s door just yet. He looked her over for any fatal wounds that might decorate her body, the scent of some blood filling his nose, but he couldn’t be fully sure it was hers or another's. She was always the stronger fighter, he thought she wouldn’t be down here too. She should have been able to take them all down, those dozens of wolverines that called themselves wolves. That wouldn’t be the case, it would appear, as she seemed worse for wear. Hopefully not as bad as him.

With a delicate touch, he would gently lick at any wounds he found on her, quietly caring for her while using it to distract himself from the pain in his clearly not dislocated but broken hip. He had come to terms with it being worse than he originally thought.
table ; bunny
@Searla
08-08-2023, 04:12 PM

Warrior

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
Smoke & Pine
supporting
Jacobite
home
Inverness
threadlog
encounters
writer
droid
There was nothing but darkness for the longest time.

But then, the feeling of a tongue against her more grievous wounds roused the downed warrior from her endless slumber. And as she awoke...

Pain. So much pain.

Large bite wounds littered her body, her neck and shoulders oozing blood and some kind of clear liquid. She was healing, but it would be slow. The all encompassing pain would distract her from the fact that she couldn't feel her tail at all - or move it. But that would be a realization for a later time.

Raiths scent enveloped her and her racing heart calmed. Red eyes opened then, puffy and crusted with blood from herself and others, and she stared at him as tears formed along the waterlines.

She had failed.

The reality of it hurt far worse than any physical wound. Her brothers weight provided some sense of comfort as she curled into him, mindful to always avoid touching his hip - even though she was unaware of how much worse it was now. As he licked her wounds clean, she returned the favour, and the siblings groomed each other in silence until most of the lacerations were more manageable. She didn't notice any infection on him, and that was relieving.

"Bu chòir dhomh a bhith nas làidire." (I should have been stronger.) she finally choked out after a lengthy silence, her voice sounding infantile and shattered; like some inexperienced girl who had been broken down. What would father think? Aurelius? She had trained for months and she hardly stood a chance against those disgusting Mainlanders. A sob escaped from her chest, and the fallen warrior clenched her jaws together before burying her disgraced face into the dirty, yet blush furs of her brothers neck. It was only there that she would allow the tears to flow freely, to cry out her immense disappointment and shame.

All of her dreams and asperations were quick to come crashing down all around her.
08-25-2023, 03:07 PM

Proponent

from Saora
size
Large
scent
Pine and Aven
supporting
Jacobite
home
Perth
threadlog
encounters
writer
Lunar

As she roused, his heart picked up with mild excitement, a warm smile forming along his lips as those matching rubies blinked groggily at him, and had it not hurt so bad to do his tail might have wagged at seeing her conscious, alert. It was a shocking wave of comfort to see her no longer sleeping as a tingle of puppish glee twirl within him. He took a moment to pause from cleaning her wounds to gently brush his tongue over her eyes to melt away the crusts and moisture that had manifested there. Drawing in a breath, he held in that blooming excitement, feeling it was inappropriate to let it fester outwardly when they were both in such sorry states as they were right now and it probably would have been alarming to any of his family to see him crack merriment beyond a timid smile. Emotions rarely worn on his sleeve, finding it often difficult to show them correctly and therefore he most often chose to remain numb.

“Lala-” he started but trailed off, deciding to keep his one thought to himself in his worry she might have been in a coma, and he was happy to see her being responsive. It would do neither of them any good to have him blabbering about something that hadn’t happened at all in the first place. She was alive, that’s all that mattered as he brushed his tongue against her to groom her some more, sapping away the remaining crimson from her figure though leaving more intimate places for her to clean herself. Siblings or not, there were boundaries he always took into consideration with others and someone’s undersides were definitely one of those things.

When she suddenly broke down, his ears flicked forward in surprise before the weight of her words would soften his gaze, absorbing the anguish that played not only on her tongue but in her eyes. They had both failed, his tongue itched to say the words but again, it would do them no good for him to pander to the darker side of things. He went to hug her, before he could move at all, she had beat him to it as her face became flush with his neck. He froze for a few moments, silently letting her cry before tilting his head to drape it over her shoulders, keeping her nice and close. "You have always been the strong one Sear. I’m the fool that charged into a fight I wasn’t capable of winning off of willpower alone. I should have listened to Ma; she didn’t want me there in the first place because my body…is not capable at all and she didn't want to lose a second son. I just wanted to impress Father, live up to his expectations but I… I never do. None of us do."* A chuckle at that cruel reality.

And this just proved maybe he should just stop trying, pave a path all his own that he didn't want approval for. More thoughts he would keep to himself.

* dialog is in gaelic

table ; bunny
@Searla
08-29-2023, 07:51 AM

Warrior

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
Smoke & Pine
supporting
Jacobite
home
Inverness
threadlog
encounters
writer
droid
She curled into him, seeking his warmth and desperately grasping at his body for some semblance of security and comfort. This would not come from her father, she knew, not after their obvious and devastating defeat on the battlefield. She wasn't even sure how her mother would react, though Searla assumed she would only be sad about her offspring being hurt. She was aware that her older brother had perished in a war before she was born, and her older sister was taken as a ward, so she could only imagine the fear and anxiety her mother must be feeling.

Raith was calm, as always, cleaning away the dirt in her wounds and providing a comfort she greedily drank in. The sound of his gaelic voice provided a familiarity she needed very much, and she leaned into him once he was done licking away the dirt, grime and blood from her; though her nose eventually sought the areas of him that were also soiled, and she dutifully doted on him, providing the care he gave her back to him in an effort both to help him and distract herself from diving headfirst into a steep depression.

"...I just wanted to impress Father, live up to his expectations but I… I never do. None of us do."

Searla sighed at this, nodding her head slowly as she finished up cleaning away the dirt. She could tell he was badly wounded, but wasn't sure just how bad. A slow whine escaped her maw as she was silent for a few moments before looking at her brother.

"We need to get out of here, and soon. You are very hurt - we need to get to the healers back in the fortress to help you." but she had no idea how they were going to accomplish this, especially with how injured he was. "I will think of a plan. Until then, we need to rest. And don't answer any of those Mainlanders questions - either we will break out or someone will come get us. I am sure of it, brother." her voice held a warmth only her brother was given, and she nuzzled into him snugly as she willed them both to a peaceful sleep. When she awoke, she would have a plan. "Rest now, my kin. Tomorrow, we will rise like phoenixes." renewed strength filtered into her voice as she willed herself to be strong for the both of them.

- exit searla via sleep -

* speech is in Gaelic!
02-29-2024, 02:19 AM