scent
Lilac, vanilla, and warm cardamom
supporting
Undecided
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

Merrin was left with instructions to a lowland territory called Maiden's Braid. As she crossed the region's terrain, the memory of Luciel's gentle whisper at her ear telling her where to meet him warmed her features.

She wondered how it was possible to find herself filled with more excitement every time she anticipated spending quality time with her mate and dearest friend. Time away from him only had her every thought filled with memories of the handsome man and his comforting presence. She had heard it said...distance made the heart grow fonder.

As she came closer to her destination, she had started to recognize some of it from when she'd first arrived in Rionnach. She simply had not known the name of this part of of the world and it felt far different to return. Merrin peered about as she moved along gracefully, lilac orbs searching for that glimpse of a starlight that made her every day so much brighter.

@Argent

table ; bunny - - art ; Raven

THREAD TITLE MUSE

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2022, 06:40 PM by Merrin.)
02-08-2022, 06:35 PM

Retired Soldier

from Saora
size
Large
scent
Berries
supporting
Royalist
home
Aberdeen
writer
Pixel

LA.
fall on your sword...
The telltale tickle of anxiety fluttered through the hollow of his chest and made his stomach feel tight. It was their first official date, second if he counted the picnic by the mirror lake. Still he felt like an inexperienced boy about to confess to his crush. Argent had groomed his pelt obsessively, trying to tame the fluffy windswept strands into a neat flattened style. Within minutes like a dandelion he was fluffed out again, hair refusing to stick where he wanted it. It didn't help that he was shedding more thanks to the recent heatwave. He was like a literal dandelion, sending puffs of white fluff off into the air when he moved too much. He tried to remind himself that she liked him because of who he was, not because he was some fancy gentleman. "Sod it," he grumbled, deciding that he was fine as he was. Just how Merrin liked him. Ruffled, scowly and awkward.

He found her already awaiting him and cursed under his breath at his lateness. "Sorry. Didn't mean to keep you waiting," he sighed gruffly, leaning over to gently lick her cheek. He was very aware that it was the first time he would be offering a kiss rather than receiving one if she let him. He was trying to be thoughtful of her boundaries while trying to show her that he cared about her as much as she did him.

A tender smile curled downturned lips upwards and he nodded his large head at their surroundings. The waterfall and veins of water that branched out from its pools. An earthy smell was heavy in the air from the spongy soil of the wetlands. "I used to play here as a lad. Got all muddy running through the wetlands and came home looking like a stranger. My ma wasn't too happy with me. Called me a little beastie and said to go bathe until Luciel came back," he laughed at the memory, remembering the loving smile on her face as she shooed him away so he wouldn't get dirt on the books she was trying to study from. "She tried to groom my fur after, but it wouldn't stick. It still won't," he mused thoughtfully, brow furrowing slightly. He remembered her white fur, so neat and silky. Nothing like the thick fluffy fly away fur that he bore except for the colouring.

code by claerie
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 06:26 AM by Argent.)
02-09-2022, 06:14 AM

Elder

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
supporting
Undecided
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

Seeing him from afar, Merrin's heart began to race and her tail swishing about so wildly that her haunches wiggled. She felt giddy as a pup, taking him his rugged features as she watched him approach. Drifting closer to her, he seemed to feel the need to apologize and then he leaned down to place a gentle kiss to her cheek.

Merrin even lifted herself on her toes to welcome his touch. She felt as though she'd burst into flames with the pleasant heat that coursed through her from his gift of a kiss. She made an attempt to stifle a giggle slipped past her lips. "Ohohoohmhm, well worth the wait I can assure you, even if I had been here long."

She was actually shocked he'd arrived after her, seeing as she had taken the entire morning to properly groom herself and press what flora she could find into her coat to enhance her natural perfume. Reluctantly, she withdrew to turn her attention to their surroundings as he shared a story of his youth. This place brought out his fondest memories, his laughter a treat for her ears that she wished to hear over and over again. Merrin imagined a filthy little Luciel and she chuckled along with him "What a pawful you must have been!"

At the mention of his unruly fur that could hardly be tamed even by his own mother, she took note that he'd also put forth a great effort into his own appearance for their first official date, which only made her smile broaden. "You look positively dashing, Captain..." She complimented, tilting her face upward towards his so she could return a swift lick to the side of his muzzle. She let her own muzzle rest against his for a spell, her lavender orbs meeting his moontouched hues.

@Argent

02-09-2022, 07:47 AM

Retired Soldier

from Saora
size
Large
scent
Berries
supporting
Royalist
home
Aberdeen
writer
Pixel

LA.
fall on your sword...
The rich perfume of flowers tickled his nose when he leaned over to lick her. Argent recognised the scent. It had become as synonymous with Merrin as the sweet sound of her voice or lilac eyes that never failed to make him weak in the knees. He could tell she had taken the time to groom, to look nice for their date. The thought warmed his cheeks as he stared, admiring just how beautiful she was. "I couldn't wait to see you," he replied, a bashful half smile tugging at his lips. He didn't tell her that he'd slept very little in anticipation of their date and the excitement of seeing her again.

She seemed entertained by his childhood antics and it made his smile grow broader. "I'm an only child. Suppose I had to make up for it," he huffed in amusement. He had often gone on solo adventures as a boy with only his imagination as his playmate. It had been lonely at times as shy as he'd been. Friendships were a distant dream until he'd joined the army and shyness became gruff awkwardness.

"Oh.. thanks," he mumbled, but stood a little taller and had an obvious look of pride in his steely eyes in response to her kiss and the compliment. His gaze shifted to the creeks trickling down from the waterfall and then back at Merrin. "Does water bother you?" he asked, head tilting at her inquisitively. He loved the water and hoped they might splash around in the creeks like he'd done as a boy.

code by claerie
02-10-2022, 03:48 PM

Elder

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
supporting
Undecided
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

Merrin's insides warmed to think that perhaps he spent about as much time thinking about her as she did of him. It was odd in a way...where unions seemed to be so dutiful before, this was...well, it was fun! She adored his bashful nature and the smallest, sweetest of smiles that she had a feeling he reserved only for her. "And I you..." She murmured softly, touching noses with him lightly and closing her eyes to simply enjoy the moment.

She blinked in pleasant surprise as he mentioned something they had in common. "It was only you too?" Merrin perked up, tilting her head her curiosity peaked by this as she realized how different his childhood sounded from hers. Although it had only been her, she could not recall a time where she really...played. "I wish we could have known one another then." She commented, somewhat absentmindedly, recalling the presence of others around her as a child, but they were nameless and faceless...pawns that her mother had filled her time with.

His gaze wandered and her own followed to trace the intricate braid of streams. Merrin glanced back over to Luciel when she asked if she was bothered by water. "Oh, no, water is wonderful." She leaned against him slightly and peered up into his face. He certainly didn't have to ask her preferences, but the way he did reminded her of how much he truly cared. "What about you?"

@Argent

02-10-2022, 06:38 PM

Retired Soldier

from Saora
size
Large
scent
Berries
supporting
Royalist
home
Aberdeen
writer
Pixel

LA.
fall on your sword...

Only Merrin could make him feel so much with only three words. An echoed sentiment of their shared adoration and yearning for each other. He knew that when the time came for them to part he would be counting down the hours until their next meeting. "It was only you too?" Her question made his ears perk up and he nodded. "Just me and my ma," he affirmed, silvery gaze thoughtful. It surprised him that neither of them had siblings and he found it comforting too. They both knew the loneliness that came in the absence of siblings. His mother had never married, whatever interest she'd had in romance seemed to have died after Argent's unexpected birth. He wondered if it had anything to do with why he had waited so long before letting someone in. He smiled wistfully when Merrin expressed a wish to have known him when they were young. "I'm glad you know me now as I am. I was… very shy as a boy. Not nearly as dashing," he admitted with a small laugh, grimacing at the memory of his younger self. It was embarrassing to recall how many children he'd fled from instead of accepting their request to play together.

His excitement upon hearing her positive reaction to water was obvious in his features and the not so subtle wiggle of his tail. "I love water," he answered, a slight rumble of playfulness in his voice as he dipped his fore paws into the creek. He bounded through the water, splashing it around his heels and up his legs. Then he did something that he hadn't done in years. He lowered his front half into a play bow, tail wagging, a clear invitation for Merrin to come and join in the fun.

code by claerie
02-10-2022, 07:37 PM

Elder

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
supporting
Undecided
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

"Luciel Argent? Shy?" The adoring woman teased him lightly. A thoughtful hum moved past her pursed lips and her nose wrinkled slightly as she shook her head in mild disagreement. "I'm sure you were still as charming as ever, Luciel. You don't give yourself enough credit!"

Merrin sighed, taking into consideration the reality of her childhood and a small frown tugged the corners of her mouth downward. "I'm certain my mother would've done her best to maneuver me away from you..." Her lips twitched as a smile slowly returned with a chuckle to herself. "No doubt, I likely would've been smitten with you." She nudged him and offered a cheeky grin.

She must have said exactly the right thing, for the man beamed at her response. Merrin watched him fondly as he suddenly bounded forward into the streams, splashing about. She let out a gasp followed by a delighted giggle to see her Captain channel his youthful inner child and initiated play in the form of a bow. There was hardly any hesitation from Merrin's side as she leapt forward with a gleeful yip, tearing through the water as she raced past him and circled just behind him. She copied him, lowering herself before she took a swipe of her paw and made to splash him, laughing all the while.

@Argent

02-11-2022, 08:32 AM

Retired Soldier

from Saora
size
Large
scent
Berries
supporting
Royalist
home
Aberdeen
writer
Pixel

LA.
fall on your sword...
The curve of his brow where the grey mask met snowy white fur arched at her teasing. He huffed and shook his shaggy head at her, but did nothing to hide his growing smile. An ear flicked at her insistence that he must have been just as charming as a boy. He had no doubt that Merrin would have wiggled her way into his heart as a boy just as she had done now. "Nothing will keep me away from you now," Argent promised her, lightly touching his nose to hers. Merrin was steadily revealing bits and pieces of her past letting Argent understand her more. He was content to let her decide if and when she wanted to share and if she did he would be there for her.

His invitation to play was accepted. Merrin bounded after him into the shallow water. The splashing of paws and playful barks filled the air. A spray of water splashed over his back and he whirled around grunting with laughter. "Ha. You.. I'm gonna get you for that," he warned her, using his larger size to pounce in the water and send droplets of water flying all around them.

He didn't wait around to see if she had gotten wet too. Argent dashed several feet away, spraying water everywhere as he ran through the creek laughing. The childish delight he felt stomping through the water like a pup playing in a puddle was immense. He loved water and he was happy this was something they could share together even as adults.

code by claerie
02-11-2022, 06:29 PM

Elder

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
supporting
Undecided
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

Merrin's laughter filled the air as water burst upward and cascaded down around her. She had never in her life experienced such joy in all of her life. When was the last time she had played? Had she ever? Here and now, it mattered not and she was perfectly content to face each and every new day with all of its adventure with her sweet Luciel.

She watched with amusement as this once scowling, serious army veteran, was now gleefully splashing through the water as though he were a child again. The wolfess squealed as he stomped through the water after her and she leapt away from him, "You'll have to catch me first!" With her challenge posed, she sprinted upstream, peering back over her shoulder to see how quickly be might gain on her.

@Argent

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2022, 08:06 AM by Merrin.)
02-12-2022, 08:02 AM

Retired Soldier

from Saora
size
Large
scent
Berries
supporting
Royalist
home
Aberdeen
writer
Pixel

LA.
fall on your sword...

It had been a long time since he had laughed or even smiled. Not since before the war had he felt anything remotely similar to the profound joy that was radiating through him. The day he'd become a captain, he thought that was everything he'd ever wanted and all he needed. His life changing injuries had crushed those dreams. Only a year ago Argent had believed his life was over and lamented his survival. He didn't think he'd feel happy ever again, but he was and it gave him hope for the future. Their future.

He watched her leap away as gracefully as a deer and answered her challenge by bounding after her. The familiar ache in his ribs forced him to steady his pace, but he still managed to keep up. Once close enough he tried to pounce on her back lightly with only his fore paws, mindful of his heavier weight. "Got you," he woofed in triumph and grinned over at her, tongue lolling happily as his tail wagged violently enough to send sprays of water shooting through the air. Already mud and grit was starting to cover his white fur. He knew he must look ridiculous with his normally fluffy fur plastered against his skin, but he didn't care. He was having a blast.

code by claerie
02-12-2022, 06:16 PM
Thread Closed