sonder spring 1711

in the business of misery

this is a want ad for: Echo

The Basics
Echo's mother - Eden - was an Outlander hailing from a land where there was fighting between the Kingdom/Civilians and Exiles. She tried to advocate for change but ended up just gaining the attention of the King's Guards, especially a very not so nice one who definitely did not treat her well. Let's call him The Father.

Eden escaped with A Friend and they both came to Rionnach and were taken under the wing of the College of Eolas, where Echo was eventually born. Eden was traumatized and became mute and withdrawn, so this friend helped to look after and raise Echo, and fed the girl tidbits of their past life, growing the resentment in Echo for figures of authority.

During the uprising Eden was attacked in a healing camp and Echo killed the attacker. Lots of people were unhappy with her merciless split-decision, including her mother and the friend. Eventually, Eden left Rionnach without a trace, leaving just Echo and the friend.

This is where you come in!

The Father - Male // Outlander // 4+ Years // Royalist probably // Imperial Army or Thieves' Guild
An Outlander from another Kingdom. He was a member of his King's Guard and ruthless when it came to forcing the rules on his King's subjects, and even more merciless when it came to rule-breakers. He is not a nice/good man. He absolutely abused his position of power.

How he came to leave his cushy life is up to you. Maybe the Kingdom he came from finally fell and he was forced to leave? He was a bit obsessed with Echo's mother so maybe he was so angry he decided to try and track her? Maybe him coming to Rionnach is a complete coincidence or maybe it's not? I imagine him being in the Imperial Army or set himself up a shady business in the Thieves' Guild.

The only real requirements is that, for now, he remains a nasty character. Later on down the line if you want him to have a redemption/change of heart arc I'm all for it, but I also want to see him cause a bit of chaos here beforehand! In your application I'd love to hear your thought on how you'd want/feel his and Echo's reunion would go down! I'd like him to be similar in appearance to Echo, yanno, to show they're related and so they can eyeball each other and connect the dots when they finally meet.

The Friend - Male or Female // Outlander // 3+ Years // College of Eolas // Jacobite/Voxi/Undecided
The friend who ran away with Eden to start a new life. What happened to this character in the other Kingdom is up to you, but they became good friends with Eden. Maybe they were in a shitty position together or maybe they just wanted to help a friend they knew was being mistreated.

Because Eden ended up becoming mute and withdrawn this friend ended up taking care of and bringing up Echo in the College of Eolas. I would like their relationship to be close but I think this friend is probably exasperated by Echo and her prickly, willful ways. They do not agree that Echo killing the solider was the right thing to do, feeling like the solider had been injured enough that Echo didn't have to end his life to save her mother.

Other than that, this character is pretty open to interpretation! Echo isn't part of the College any more but she probably comes back to visit now and then.

The End!
Use the code below to apply! It doesn't need to be wordy or anything I just really want to see the direction you think you'd want to take the characters in. Already established character may apply as long as you're ok with tweaking their histories to match.

<div class="code-block">
-- For: Adopter --

<b>Name:</b>
<b>Nationality:</b>
<b>Guild:</b> [If a pup, the guild is the Commonwealth until they are a yearling or older.]
<b>Rank:</b>

<b>Age:</b>
<b>Gender:</b>

<b>Palette:</b>
<b>Eye Color:</b>
<b>Size:</b>

<b>Personality:</b>

<div style="padding-left: 20px;">[List the 5 profile words + add a written description if you want, but not necessary]
</div>

<b>Plots n Things:</b>

<div style="padding-left: 20px;">[Give me a little rundown of what you want to get up to with the character, plots you want to pursue and/or how they feel about the current state of affairs]
</div>

I - FRIZBEE - reserve the right to reclaim this character should the adopter fall inactive or neglect the character. This character may not be taken to other sites without explicit permission.
</div>

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 10:24 AM by Frizbee.)
05-29-2021, 10:15 AM

Design Options
I have some design ideas kicking around that can be used! These are just for play on Sonder and only used for the characters in this plot (please ask before adapting the character for elsewhere).

You may have to tweak them slightly as, obviously, they're all basically the same pattern just different colours.

*this last one comes with a manip and avatar as I'm no longer using the design

05-29-2021, 10:18 AM