scent
Rose Incense and Blackberries
supporting
Jacobite
threadlog
encounters
writer

R

ain drizzled off the stands of the market, a misty haze forming a blanket over those who moved along. Despite the weather it had grown crowded, many like herself were desperate to be out after being cooped up so long in the winter. The brothel was no better, being stuck with the scents of lust and other untoward things so constant she had become blind to them. Evangeline enjoyed the fresh air even as she pushed through the crowd, stopping once in a while to inspect a merchant's wares.

Having traded for new furs and a few perfumed tinctures, she made her way towards her favorite stand in the market. Wolves parted for her large frame; the fae had learned long ago she would get nowhere by yielding. She enjoyed herself as she moved about the throng, pleased for a moment where she could just be a girl. It was few and far between where she had a moment to imagine what it would be like to go home and not have to perform; to go home and, for once, be nothing but herself.

The scent came to her before she saw the stand, her legs pushing to a slow trot in her eagerness to view the vibrant flowers. Soon the blooms came into view, a small sound of delight coming from her as she slowed. Shaking her coat free of water, the woman pranced over in a rare moment of happiness. The first harvests of spring proved bountiful, flowers in every hue dazzling her. Evangeline allowed her lids to fall shut as she leaned in to inhale once more. She nodded to the merchant as she sat amongst them all, content to enjoy the prettiest scents of spring until she had to return.

@Valerian

art and code by Yahtzee-Penguiduck

10-17-2021, 05:57 PM

Entertainer At Howling Moon Brothel

from Saora
size
Small
scent
Spiced Rum and Ginger
supporting
Jacobite
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

T

he Spring Market was a sight in itself. If one was not present to marvel at the many wares and homemade goods, this was an ideal location to simply be an observer of the bustling crowds throughout the day. It made the perfect space, firstly, for setting up his own little area near one of the many entrances where he could enchant those who arrived and departed with his own performances. Valerian had made sure to set out a hide catchall of sorts, made for whatever the public had to offer him for the enjoyment of his artistry.

In the morning, he’d collected a the tiniest bit of coin, but hey, something was better than nothing at all. He was going to use it to fetch a meal for Sage’s supper later on in the evening. For now, he conceded to take a break and then partake in the second best usage of today’s space. Scoping out and identifying the values of various trinkets and offering tips to the pickpockets that scuttled about here and there.

What made him an invaluable resource to the Thieves Guild is that he did not confine himself to shadow. Instead, he made himself well-known, a social butterfly, meant to beguile and distract while others made their rounds and split their winnings with him. And then the third best feature of the festival, was the opportunity it gave him to flirt and fawn over the many beautiful men and women in attendance.

From afar, he noted a florists stand, the vibrancy of the petals catching his eye. Surely, he could entice a fair maiden or perhaps even pick up a little something for Cherie. He was planning on paying her a visit as he saved up the rest of his coin if only to see her once again. Valerian rounded the stall to greet the shopkeeper and halted in his tracks, eyes going wide as they settled upon the woman herself. He blinked, looked around and then back to see she was still there and oh so very real. He was still rather shocked that he was able to manifest her with a thought.

Valerian watched her as she stood with her eyes closed, breathing in the fragrances that surrounded her. He couldn’t help but to let his gaze linger in pure admiration, before he tentatively took a few steps forward. Not wishing to startle her, he began to speak while still a several feet away from her, “Well, I came here to browse this extravagant selection of flora, but they seem to have paled in comparison to a far more beautiful rose.”

He waited for her to recognize him before coming any closer as he greeted her. “Cherie.” Valerian dipped his head with a flourishing bow. “It is beyond wonderful to see you again.” His smile widened, his tail swishing back and forth clearly displaying the excitement to be in her presence while the rest of him held a more suave demeanor.

@Evangeline

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2021, 05:34 PM by Valerian.)
10-18-2021, 05:33 PM

Courtesan

from
size
Large
scent
supporting
Jacobite
threadlog
encounters
writer

T

he heady scent of hyacinth laced through her senses like silk. It was accompanied by the gentle notes of lilac and sweet peas that burst through the floral arrangements. Opening her eyes, she gazed adoringly at the bright pops of color. She had always admired those with a green thumb; their ability to produce such beauty from nothing but soil and admirable talent. Ever since she was a small girl, something about the flower stands brought out the loveliest of her. It was if the flowers' presence gentled her in ways no others could. Her smile fell as she viewed a sprig of lavender, knowing something so wonderful would surely wither and die were it to leave with her.

Leaning back, her body went rigid as the deep timbre of a man's voice met her ears. Hers were pinned automatically, ready to snap at the male for ruining her moment. There was something familiar about them though, her body relaxing minimally as she registered the flirting tone. Rolling her eyes as she turned, she sighed and addressed the male. "Hello, Valerian. Fancy meeting you here. Finding flowers for your latest conquest?" She only teased, remembering this male's fondness for wooing his partners.

"Please tell me you haven't gotten that brother of yours into any more trouble and that you chose an unmarried maiden this time." Idly she moved along the rows, stopping to admire the small peony buds and their vibrant pink petals. Were she being honest, she had never expected to see Valerian again. They were barely familiar and, despite their night talking and nothing more, she knew he owed her nothing. He'd paid, she'd serviced, the transaction ended in the daylight. Yet, he was approaching her now; something her other clients would not be caught dead doing. No, Valerian had no fear approaching a whore, and that was something that held her interest.

@Valerian

10-18-2021, 06:06 PM

from Saora
size
Small
scent
Spiced Rum and Ginger
supporting
Jacobite
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

H

e noticed her initial reaction and moved a couple paces back to give her the distance she needed and rightfully deserved. Just because you stayed up talking for one night, doesn’t give you any special privileges, dimwit… He had to remind himself as she turned and spoke his name. Valerian hung off of every syllable as a dreamy look dancing within the ocean waves of his eyes, completely captivated by the mere existence of this woman.

With the tease he laughed aloud and bit his lip in a cheeky little grin. “Maaaybe…” He sang and then sought her gaze of starlight as he said, “Though it seems the fates may have other plans in store for me.” Another tease and he gave in to more hearty laughter, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly at the second jest.

“Now, to be fair…I don’t exactly go looking for married folk like it’s part of my criteria, Cherie. And truthfully, why should I be responsible in setting a couple’s boundaries? I cannot tell you how many times I’ve enjoyed a fantastic evening only to be kicked out of bed because an unknowing spouse has returned home!” He rolled his eyes, a bit of annoyance lacing his tone. “Absolutely ridiculous!”

He watched as she moved to take a look at some of the other flowers, using this as an opportunity for note-taking. Bright pink peonies had caught her eye, though it could have only been the color. “Do you have a favorite? Flower…that is.” He asked, correcting himself after jumping from one subject to the next. Valerian let his own eyes wander, spying some tulips arranged in a wide array of colors and then golden daffodils next to that. Each flower more beautiful than the last, it seemed.

@Evangeline

10-19-2021, 04:18 AM

Courtesan

from
size
Large
scent
supporting
Jacobite
threadlog
encounters
writer

T

hough she wasn’t looking at him, a small smile graced her features. She could not blame him for his fun, though she kept herself from telling him not to break too many hearts. Valerian was an odd one, though that was her opinion based off one night and his being adamant to not sleep with her. She’d mulled that over more that night more than once but had chalked it up to his desire for the chase. Evangeline understood; they were predators after all. The brothel was too easy a place and he desired to work for what he got.

Glancing over to him, she nodded sympathetically. “I didn’t always work for my keeper. For a time, I sold myself for my own gains. During that time, I found myself chased out by angry wives more times than I could count. Lost a lot of coin that way, too,” she said, sighing as she remembered those days. She’d been scared and starving but doing what came easiest for her to survive. Evangeline banished the thoughts; they were no use to her now and, though she didn’t necessarily enjoy her profession, she was kept comfortable. With another glance at the peonies, she moved on, beckoning for him to follow.

“You might tease and call me traditional, but roses have always been my favorite. They’re very classic, and they have a very dramatic effect, don’t you think?” She asked, stopping before the flowers in question. Condensation dripped heavily from their deep, scarlet petals. They had less cover than the others, but they were also the biggest display. They were in every hue, from the deepest plum to the purest white. Evangeline sighed longingly as she gazed upon them, forgetting Valerian was there for a moment. “Of all that were tossed upon my stage, the roses had been the most plentiful when I performed.” Turning to him, her head tilted curious. “What is your favorite flower, Valerian?”

@Valerian

10-19-2021, 08:17 AM

from Saora
size
Small
scent
Spiced Rum and Ginger
supporting
Jacobite
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

W

hen she beckoned him to follow her, it took him by surprise. With his heart fluttering in his chest he moved after Cherie, scampering to catch up to the strides of longer legs until they were side by side. Valerian still kept a respectable distance from her, though he eagerly awaited her an answer as she surveyed the various blooms.

Stopping in front of bouquets of ornate petals folded over one another with that classic shade of deep red, the stems lined with the sharpest thorns where they were bundled together. “I wholeheartedly agree with you.” He gazed up at the arrangement and smiled. “To give a rose of crimson is to proclaim thy deepest love and admiration. It is a most timeless symbol of romance and passion! Many would dare say it is cliché, yet when one has sampled every other flower known to existence, they somehow arrive right back where they started…the elegant red rose…”

Valerian reached into a cluster of single roses and plucked the perfect specimen from the bunch. He snipped it with his teeth so that the flowering bud and only some of the stem remained. Tentatively he stepped closer to her, testing his boundaries slightly as he stood as tall as he could on his toes to tuck the flower at her ear, if she would allow it, before taking steps backwards to appreciate her.

“Oy! You gonna pay for that, laddie?”

He froze and quickly spun around, embarrassment making him flustered as he approached the shopkeep. “Ah! Yes, but of course! My word, forgive me!” Valerian dug through what he had and frowned when he realized he had just enough in his satchel for a meal for him and. is brother. He glanced over at Cherie and then back at the merchant who was eyeing him suspiciously and then down at his coin again. He made the quick decision to ensure Sage would have a meal this evening, while he would go without, and paid for the rose.

“There you are, my good patron! You see, it’s not every day my wits are mudded with the alluring fragrances of so many marvelous flowers and not to mention one particular enchanted rose of a beautiful maiden to go along with them!” Valerian spun on his heel and returned himself to his company, laughing nervously.

“You asked for my favorite now, didn’t you?” He then cleared his throat and peered around at the entire stock of flora at their disposal with a sigh. “My mother was a lover of nature’s wonders. Hence my name and the names of my siblings, Sage and Thyme. There was one flower that she shared with us as children…I’ve never seen the likes of it since. It’s called a Moonflower. Have you heard of it?” He turned to her briefly before his eyes clouded over with wistful memories of his mother and of the evenings she shared this rarity with them.

“It blooms only two months out of an entire year and only at night. With every night that passes, each bud only blooms once and then wilts and is dead by morning to be replaced by another flower the next night. The entire plant only lasts for no more than a few weeks and then another must be planted the following Spring.”

“I know this, because my mother had cultivated a garden of them that she’d kept growing for much of her life…sadly, it died with her…and I was too young and stupid to attempt to revitalize it myself at the time…”

Valerian met her eyes as he continued, “To me, the Moonflower represents an exquisite rarity that blossoms despite the darkness of night. It symbolizes our mortality and reminds us to seize the day for instances of pleasantries, while they might be few and far between, are so well worth living for.” He then averted his gaze, looking down at his feet bashfully. “There I go once more…flapping my gums until your ears fall off…”

@Evangeline

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2021, 02:23 PM by Valerian.)
10-19-2021, 02:18 PM

Courtesan

from
size
Large
scent
supporting
Jacobite
threadlog
encounters
writer

E

vangeline stood and watched Valerian as he declared the meanings behind the common rose. She admired his talents in dramatic flair, but admired more his lack of shame in doing so. When had she allowed the opinions of others to affect her so? When had she started hiding from the dirty looks she was given amongst the crowds? Around the same time she started to believe she deserved it, she supposed. Brought out of her reverie as Valerian plucked a flower, she gasped and prepared to chide him for doing so without paying first. As he came towards her, she froze, spiced rum and ginger flooding her senses as he came closer than he’d been before.

Realizing he was trying to reach her head, she lowered herself to aid him as her eyes fell shut. She felt the brush of the stem against the crook of her ear, the thorns unable to penetrate the thickness of her russet fur. Once he’d moved away, her eyes opened once more. Their silver locked upon his turquoise, a look of astonishment and vulnerability flashing through her own. Clearing her throat she composed herself, stepping back and doing a small pose to model his adornment upon her. “How do I look?” She asked, a small smile tipping the corners of her mouth to match her pleasant tone.

As she had suspected, their moment was broken by the merchant demanding payment for the flower Valerian had taken. Evangeline stood quietly, waiting for him to pay the man. When he hesitated, though, she wondered if he had expected her to pay. Perhaps it had not been a gift. Even if it had been, she had accepted it. Going for her own coin, she did not notice Valerian’s internal struggle. He was paying the merchant before she’d managed to gather the proper amount, and her eyes rolled as he waxed poetic about her beauty once more.

Adorned with the rose, she began to drift from the flower stand as he described the moonflower. Her eyes turned dreamy as she imagined it, a beauty she had yet to lay eyes on herself. “I’ve never seen such a thing,” she said softly, turning to look at him as he continued to speak. It was nice to see someone speak so passionately as Valerian did about his family. She felt her own heart drop at the passing of his mother, but she was not one to offer sympathies that would do no good. When he grew sheepish, she gathered her thoughts and spoke. “No worries, Valerian. It’s… Refreshing, really, to see someone speak so fondly of those they love. I’m sure that, were I to have a family of my own, I might do the same. Thank you for imparting your knowledge of this moonflower upon me. I hope to see one for myself some day.”

Turning a corner, she realized they had entered the part of the market where food was prepared. Her stomach gurgled, alerting her she hadn’t had a meal since the night prior. Thinking to her coin, she was grateful to not have spent it all on items needed for her work. She stopped and turned to Valerian then, standing a few paces and standing in somewhat disbelief of what she was about to ask. “I’m sure, as you heard, I’m a bit peckish. Would you like to share a meal with me, Valerian? My treat of course. You paid far too much the other night for just talking.”

10-19-2021, 05:20 PM

from Saora
size
Small
scent
Spiced Rum and Ginger
supporting
Jacobite
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

T

he sound of his name gracing the goddess’ lips lifted his gaze again to meet hers. Relief painted across his features, the smallest of smiles moving across his naw. If she peered deeply enough into the mirrors of his soul, she would find gratitude reflected there.

“The pleasure is mine, truly. I hope to one day witness such a marvel again as well. I cannot shake this feeling that it is inevitable.” He’d never had much of an opportunity to speak like this at all…for typically when he verbalized his truths, it felt there was either no one ever there to listen, or worse, his expression was dismissed. Not a soul seemed to have time for his constant musings and his free-flowing tongue.

Before he knew it, they had crossed into another area. The only thing that had told him so was the fact that his nose was drawn into the air at the scent of endless delicacies. Valerian’s nostrils flared, eyes closed, and mouth began to water in response. He swiped his tongue across his lips before saliva dripped from his jowls.

“My, does something smell…absolutely divine…the clouds have parted somewhere and gods descended with whatever dish is producing that tantalizing aroma!” He commented, dramatically as usual, and when he turned to her he found Cherie standing there giving him an odd look. “What? Did I drool on myself?” He looked over his chest and the areas of his neck he could see, lifting a paw to wipe away any stray salivation.

As he did so, he heard her asking a question and he stopped mid-check, eyes widening. Slowly, Valerian lifted his head, cerulean orbs landing upon her in his own disbelief. Moving past the initial shock of the invitation, his lips peeled back in the most toothy, cheeky grin he could possibly muster. “Gods above…are you asking me on a date, Cherie?”

Before she could answer he quickly cut in. “I would be honored to accompany you in whatever meal you so desire! I am no picky eater, my dear. And also, I believe in paying fairly for services rendered, thus it is impossible for me to have paid you too much.” He practically danced on his feet as he eyed the various eateries set up here. “So, what what is on the menu, sweet Cherie?”

@Evangeline

10-19-2021, 06:51 PM

Courtesan

from
size
Large
scent
supporting
Jacobite
threadlog
encounters
writer

T

hough she kept her gaze pointedly on the path ahead, his grinning at her question did not go unnoticed. For the first time in a while, Evangeline experienced embarrassment. It took its form of heat flashing through her, pooling in her face though hidden beneath her dark fur. Taking a beat to gather herself, she stood tall and looked down her nose at him. "It's not a date, Valerian. Don't be silly; you can't date whores. It just isn't done," she said, beginning to look at the stands and decide what sounded best.

"I simply enjoyed… erm… talking the other night. Can I not ask to do so once again?" She asked with a huff. Knowing this was a different setting altogether, she could see where it appeared she was asking to court him. He was right; they were not lords and ladies. They did not have to follow official rules. More importantly, she was free to pursue a friendship with the man. And nothing more, she commanded of herself internally.

Finding a small nook apart from all the activity, she moved towards it and looked at him pointedly. "Wait here and I will return with food," she said, true to her word when moments later she returned with enough meat for the both of them. Setting down the pile, she lowered herself to her stomach across from him and plucked out a turkey leg. Evangeline tore the meat from the bone and chewed delicately, taking a moment to swallow before she spoke to him once more. "Now, what have you gotten up to since our last encounter? Any odd jobs I might find interesting?" The woman was unsure how to make conversation beyond the bedroom, but she hoped it was a nice place to start.

@Valerian

10-19-2021, 07:35 PM

from Saora
size
Small
scent
Spiced Rum and Ginger
supporting
Jacobite
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

V

alerian kept his demeanor playful, since it was apparent he’d caused the poor dear some embarrassment. He doubted it was a date anyway, but he could be hopeful. What did strike him was her belief that to be seen with a brothel maiden was something that would tarnish his reputation (not that he has a fairly good one to begin with).

“Just because it is not done does not mean that it’s what should not be done.” The male stated plainly as he perused the selection himself. “Life is too short for me to worry about the opinions of others.” His tail did start to wag with the knowledge that Cherie enjoyed his company.

Valerian’s smile stretched from ear to ear and he gave a chivalrous dip of the head. “You may ask of me whatever you wish, darling rose, and I’ll see it done.” He took his seat and reclined into a relaxed position, making himself at home as he nodded to Cherie. “I shall await your return.”

The sight of the great pile of meets laid out before him had him smacking his maw to keep from drowning in his own saliva. Valerian restrained himself to allow her to begin eating first, giving her the finest choice out of what she had to offer. His stomach roared at him to ravenously partake in the feast, but he held it together, pulling a slice of the darker meats and eating them with as much self-control as he could retain.

It was a comfortable silence for a moment while they took their first few bites. He would steal a glance at her and smile if she caught his eye and then return to his meal. Cherie struck up the conversation soon after they’d begun to eat and be swallowed a mouthful before signing. “I’ve been lucky thus far that whatever work I can find hasn’t pulled me further away from my brother…though, I trust that with Spring’s arrival travel will be more likely.”

For a moment he thought to be honest with her about his upcoming venture to take part in a Thieves Guild assignment. For her safety, he decided to tell her only part of the truth. “I should be moving North for a short time to involve myself in a caravan of the finest resources that are due to Castle Stuart. The pay will be decent. That is the hope, anyway.”

He shrugged, chewing thoughtfully and then turning to her. “And what of you, Cherie? Do you get out like this often? With the nicer weather, I would recommend you become acquainted with the luminous face of the sun while you can. Before we know it, it will be winter all over again.”

@Evangeline

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021, 05:35 AM by Valerian.)
10-20-2021, 05:34 AM
Thread Closed