Spiced Rum and Ginger
supporting
Jacobite
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

H

ere lies the precipice of…whatever the hell would put his home-wrecking days to an end! Or at least, he’d like to convince his brother of such. Valerian figured he’d humor the lad after it was suggested he should stick to the brothels to avoid getting castrated before his middle years. He snorted to himself at the thought, nosing the pouch of animal hide his mother had made him years ago. The clinking of coin shifted inside it and he took a deep breath. Here goes nothing…

Stepping across the threshold of the establishment he was directed to, he peered around to get a good vibe check on the place. There were several men in various corners of this area, laughing, drinking, carrying on with women of every color, creed, and culture. Ocean eyes widened as he took it all in, standing awkwardly at the entrance, not quite sure what to do. Do I…wait here until someone approaches me? Or do I just…wander around and…pick one? It was an odd methodology, and he wasn’t sure he liked it very much. The sights and sounds were so overwhelming, he had half a mind to turn around and flee, save some of his hard-earned money.

@Evangeline

art and code by Yahtzee-Penguiduck

THREAD TITLE MUSE

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2021, 11:10 AM by Valerian.)
10-07-2021, 05:21 AM

Courtesan

from
size
Large
scent
Rose Incense and Blackberries
supporting
Jacobite
threadlog
encounters
writer

Evangeline had spotted the newcomer when he’d first entered. From his disposition, he was a first timer in a brothel for sure. The way he held himself, though, indicated he was not a foreigner in other… endeavors. The fae had been residing in a corner, the worries of a child weighing heavy on her mind and giving her pause from joining in on the festivities. Her keeper wouldn’t like that; a night off to settle herself and return empty handed would most likely be ill-received. With a sigh she approached the stranger, her role as Cherie falling over her like a silken blanket. All at once, her body claimed the grace of a cat, her steps turning sultry as she moved closer.

“Hello, stranger,” she purred, standing close enough to him to be flirtatious but stopping short of touching him. Evangeline sat, her tail curling around her paws as she attempted to level with him. The woman had overestimated his size from the distance, the hazy light making her assume she could appear meek before him. The reality quickly became that she stood taller, her body taking significantly more space than his did. Internally she floundered; men often were put off by a female whose size outmatched their own. No matter, though. Evangeline batted her lashes prettily, her silver eyes glinting in the light as she leaned in until their shoulders brushed. “What brings you here? I haven’t seen you around these parts.”

Coding by Peachyy.
10-07-2021, 07:40 AM

Entertainer At Howling Moon Brothel

from Saora
size
Small
scent
Spiced Rum and Ginger
supporting
Jacobite
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

V

alerian counted to five in his head before he kicked one of his heels up, pursing his lips in a whistle as he began to turn himself around to make his exit. Movement caught his eye and then came a voice to follow that addressed him, giving him pause. Ocean eyes drifted over to land on a young woman with deep russet fur and silver glinting orbs. She. moved with prowess as she made her way towards him, stopping short, though not so distanced that he could not tell she was a good two sizes larger than him.

His lips parted and he stared, blinking at her for a moment before he spoke. “Me?” Valerian’s voice cracked and he tucked his chin to clear his throat before lifting his head again. “Ah, but of course! You must be…erm…employed here?” He cracked an awkward smile, before he shook his head and took a breath to try again.

“I was seeking companionship here and you, Evening Delight, appear to be…eh, quite more than I was expecting…Lady Luck must be watching over me to bless me with a treasure as yourself!” Valerian could not help himself as he began to exude a flourishing of words. He was a bard after all…and this was typically how he won a woman over. Through song, poetry, the art of romance!

He bowed low to her before lifting himself with a charming half-smile. “My dear, your eyes are as stunning as jewels from the Moon Goddess herself! I feel a musing in my soul to write a song of thee!~” He practically sung, puffing his chest out proudly to make himself appear at least someone larger to her, for women tended to judge men by their size rather than skill and that was a mistake on so many accounts.

@Evangeline

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2021, 08:05 AM by Valerian.)
10-07-2021, 08:03 AM

Courtesan

from
size
Large
scent
supporting
Jacobite
threadlog
encounters
writer

He was charming in his own sort of way, she supposed. A bard if there ever was one, and she’d yet to have the experience of bedding a bard. Brow crooked upwards, she watched him fumble over himself. Internally, Evangeline formed a small smile at his silly antics, but Cherie kept herself composed as she nodded. “Yes, I am employed here.” As he continued, she chuckled softly and leaned in to speak in his ear as if she had a secret. “If companionship is what you seek, then you’ve certainly come to the right place.”

She jerked back slightly, eyes narrowing as he made comment of her size. A flash of disapproval was there and gone, though she considered leaving him by his lonesome altogether. Males had commented on her body before, claiming she was not their cup of tea. Evangeline found they all sang different tunes behind closed doors.

The bard then called her a treasure, though, juxtaposing what he’d said before. Evangeline took a step back as he began to perform, head tilted curiously as he prepared to break out into song. Her eyes cut to the side, noticing that others had turned their heads to watch them both. Moreover, customers’ attentions were leaving the other courtesans.

Cursing internally, Evangeline politely ushered the singing man to one of the more private rooms of the brothel. “We will have more privacy in here, my lord,” she said. Once they were closed off from the commons, the courtesan turned to address the bard. “You need not try to romance me here. Payment for my company is romance enough.” She moved closer to him then, her luscious body pressing to his as she mentally prepared to service yet another man.

Coding by Peachyy.
10-07-2021, 10:51 AM

from Saora
size
Small
scent
Spiced Rum and Ginger
supporting
Jacobite
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

A

s the heaven-sent goddess began to usher him to a more seclude area, he glanced up and grinned. So it seemed he’d turned a few heads and one of the drunkards even lifted a glass to him with a howl of laughter before the crowd carried about their ways.

A chuckle escaped him as she misjudged his status…or perhaps all men who came here were meant to feel like nobility. “Oh, I’m hardly a Lord, my dear enchantress. Merely a humble man of the working class, if you will. Ah, after you, lovely…” He stepped aside and gestured towards the entryway with a warm to allow her to pass through first. As he entered, he turned himself around to take in his surroundings and had started to hum a tune before adding lyrics to it. “Woman of midnight…moon-touched spirit of elegance…hmm…mmm…~”

”See? It’s already starting to come together, that song. You know, I’d dare say I’ve never-“ The instant he’d turned back around to face him, she’d moved in to press up against him. The scent of roses with a hint of blackberry cloaked him and he felt weak in the knees with his intake of her allure. Ohhhh my, how he wanted to completely disappear beneath the soft glow of her russet fur…

“You need not try to romance me here. Payment for my company is romance enough.”

Nothing brought on the screeching halt of the record of his own personal soundtrack more than that statement. “Whoa, whoa…okay, okay…um…” Valerian gently pushed away from her and took a few steps backward, even though he had clearly been under her spell. “I’m not entirely sure…mm…I, well…aren’t we going to, eh, I don’t know…converse first? Get to know each other a little bit? I could sing you a song or two I wrote the other day even.” He was rambling now and he had to reel his mind and body back into the same vessel. “Here…um, how about we start over, hm? My name is Valerian DeSoto. What name was bestowed upon a radiant goddess such as yourself?”

@Evangeline

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2021, 11:58 AM by Valerian.)
10-07-2021, 11:57 AM

Courtesan

from
size
Large
scent
supporting
Jacobite
threadlog
encounters
writer

Just as she had always done, she had managed to thrall the man with gentle touches until he was simpering for her. She was glad he found her appealing; he was very easy on her eyes himself. For a rare moment, Evangeline thought she might enjoy this night outside of the purse that came with it. Her eyes grew heavy and seductive as she brought him closer, only for him to back away as she had splashed a bucket of ice water atop him.

Evangeline stumbled back at the sudden lack of presence, looking at him in confusion. She had had clients get cold feet before, but she had been sure he had been captivated enough by her wiles to follow through with his desires. Righting herself, she cleared her throat and waited as he grappled with an explanation. He wanted to… Talk? To get to know her? Evangeline’s eyes narrowed, a guarded look coming over her expression. This was not the normal game.

As he offered to start over, she grew more suspicious. There had been only one man before who had wanted to “get to know her”, and he… She banished those thoughts, not particularly up to pilfering through those memories before a stranger. Pausing a breath, she conceded. “Alright, I suppose we can get to know one another first. You have me for the night, after all.” As he introduced himself, she gave a slight bow of the head.

“Cherie,” she said, giving him her alias. She would not give him her true name, for it would not matter when she’d likely never see him again. Or perhaps she would in the arms of another one of the girls. It mattered not, as long as he paid. “Pleasure to meet you, Valerian. You know my profession, obviously, so it is only fair of me to ask what it is you do,” she inquired conversationally. She sat a polite distance away, focusing her attention on him. If it was simple company he wanted, then she would be relieved to give it.

Coding by Peachyy.
10-07-2021, 01:33 PM

from Saora
size
Small
scent
Spiced Rum and Ginger
supporting
Jacobite
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

V

alerian grimaced slightly, worried she might depart and find herself another more willing customer. To his pleasant surprise, she agreed and he let out a sigh of relief. He shook his coat to cool himself down further after his initial arousal and settled himself back onto his haunches.

He studied the woman, looking up and into the gentle yet worn features of her expression as she introduced herself by name. “Ah, is that…Sherry akin to the wine? Or ‘Mon Chéri’ as the French would say?” He did his best to imitate the accent, it was not pretty, and he chuckled in his foolish attempt at humor before returning himself to a more serious demeanor. “No matter, it is a lovely name to have chosen.”

It was the way she’d spoken the name, that and a lack of a surname as well that made him believe it was simply for show. Valerian gave her a knowing look with a kind smile and nod of his head to show he understood. He knew of her profession, she stated. “Do I now? Is this all you do to keep afloat in this wild world?” His brows rose, giving her a moment to speak of anything else it was that she might keep herself busy with. Perhaps she had a day job of sorts.

He relaxed a bit more, wishing to recline to a position where he lay down, but he also didn’t want to cause her any further neck pain from having to look down upon him. “My talents are obviously in relation to the arts. I am a bard, an entertainer, poet, songwriter…however…” Valerian sighed and for the first time he displayed a frown across his maw. “That sort of life doesn’t pay the bills…so I had to get my hands dirty and learn it all, get by doing odd jobs. I am a jack of all trades and master of none of them, except being a starving artist in this unfortunate society that does has no appreciation for the arts anymore…”

Cerulean eyes glanced over at her, noting the way her coat flowed so elegantly along her form. This ‘Cherie’ was truly a vision to behold. Despite himself, he let out a dreamy sigh in the midst of his adoration. “Your beauty is certainly of another realm. Where are you from? I grew up in Aberdeen, myself.” The grin he flashed her faltered slightly and then his shoulders lifted in a defensive shrug. “Apologies…I’m sure this is not something you experience with your usual clientele…”

@Evangeline

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2021, 05:32 PM by Valerian.)
10-07-2021, 05:31 PM

Courtesan

from
size
Large
scent
supporting
Jacobite
threadlog
encounters
writer

“It is Cherie like the French, and I used to be an actress and a singer once, actually,” she said quietly, giving him the small truth. Evangeline told herself again it wouldn’t matter; he would forget all about the whore who was once something else come morning time. Flicking her gaze to him, she smiled meekly. “As you’ve said, though, it doesn’t pay the bills. I work all night, as you can see, so I have no time for hobbies if I want to be fresh for my next shift.” Another truth spun with a tiny white lie, for her reason for fleeing her previous profession was not something she liked to share with the clientele.

Were it that she felt safe to do so within the space, she would have considered lazing about. Regardless, she did not want rumors of her laziness to spread to her customers, let alone her keeper. Listening to him speak of the arts, she nodded and thought of them fondly. “Yes, the arts are a dying breed, unfortunately.” Evangeline shifted, focused on keeping the conversation going. “What sort of odd jobs do you pick up? Do they cause you to travel often?” Perhaps he was one who wished to talk of himself. She’d had others who loved to speak, but they normally did so while atop her.

The fae’s brows drew together at his compliments. Surely he had this backwards; it was more common for men to try and charm a lady before she entered the bedroom with him. Truthfully he gave her pause to consider the fact he may be genuine. He was, were the look in his eyes any indication. Evangeline did not know how to take his admonishments, so she shrugged them off in favor of answering his questions. “I am a Lowlander. From Edinburgh, I believe.” The woman was not sure where exactly she came from, only that she was found in the roads to the city populace.

His apology brought a laugh bubbling to the surface, a melodic sound she had not heard from herself in months. “You apologize for not asking that I sleep with you?” Her tail twitched in her mirth, a shadow of a small wag. “You are the easiest client I’ve had in months. Despite the show we often put on so well, laying others most nights can prove quite tiresome,” she admitted. The words had left her mouth before she could stop them, the traitorous things. Eyes wide, her silver met his turquoise. Inside she hoped she would not be scolded for her candor.

Coding by Peachyy.
10-07-2021, 06:54 PM

from Saora
size
Small
scent
Spiced Rum and Ginger
supporting
Jacobite
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

A

gasp filled his lungs and he sat up, eyes sparkling and shining in the likeness of the sun shimmering off of the surface of the sea. “A fellow artist, indeed! You know, I did have a feeling we’d hit it off nicely. Tell me, are you an alto or a soprano? And your acting! Oh do tell me, what sort of shows have you done? Did you have a troupe before?” The man’s tail wildly thumped against the ground, fidgeting in his excitement to know more.

She explained why it was that she was unable to continue her career as a performer. He knew the sting of reality all too well…although he had to admit, seeking out a career as one who pleasures those who can pay the coin had never been on his radar. “Ah…yes, life can be cruel in that way…” His locked on hers instantly as she claimed the arts were dying, which he certainly did imply…but he would not have that mentality live on.

Valerian stood, puffing out his chest as he had before, taking on the persona of a valiant hero of the muses themselves. “I assure you, my lady, the arts shall not die while I yet live!” Alright, so it was a bit dramatic, he’d admit it, however, it was nothing but the truth. He peered over at her for any sort of reaction, a goofy half-smile painted on his features.

Of course, their talk returned to the grind once more and he nodded slowly, shrugging nonchalantly as he responded, “Honestly, anything I can get my paws on…it’s not only me that I’m caring for. Since my mother and father passed on, I’ve been caring for my siblings…unfortunately two of them went missing…I still, um, look for them… His gaze had drifted away from her as he reminisced on memories of the youngest DeSoto boy and the sweet presence of his adopted sister. “It’s silly I know…to still have hope…but, the world is dark enough to not still hold that glimmer of it.”

Thankful for a change of subject, he fell back into silence, realizing he might have swung the door into his personal life a bit too wide open. It was hard not to…Cherie…or whatever her true name might be, seemed to really be listening to him and in a way understanding. Valerian smiled and nodded politely in recognition to name Edinburgh, though he had not visited, merely traveled through it once. Still, for some reason, she seemed unsure of her origin, and he found that perplexing and would remember it for another conversation at another time.

The sound of her laugh carried the notes he might have only heard otherwise by a chorus of angels. It was so beautiful…music to his ears, that swiveled to catch and savor the tune. Valerian was left with a goofy grin that spread from one ear to the other as she spoke. He was still absorbed in her every word and he tilted his head to find that she seemed to appreciate that his visit gave her reprieve from normal duties.

His lips parted to speak, his brows furrowing thoughtfully as he tried to determine the best way to ask what was on his mind. “If it is so tiresome though…why do you put yourself through it, love? Surely, there are other avenues of work you could pursue? How did you even find yourself here in the first place?”

@Evangeline

10-07-2021, 08:10 PM

Courtesan

from
size
Large
scent
supporting
Jacobite
threadlog
encounters
writer

It was all she could do not to chuckle at his admonishment about the arts. His passion reminded her of herself as a child, the pride that had filled her with every applause from the crowd... Evangeline frowned, locking the memories and how they had been soured within a mental box and tossing away the key. “I was an Alto. Yes, I was part of a troupe, we did small plays and whatnot. Nothing extravagant. It was not meant to last, and I know not of their whereabouts now,” she said politely, hedging around the subject and adding finality to her tone so he would not inquire further.

She was all too aware that life could be cruel; one look at her place of work should be proof enough. Evangeline had to admit, though, Valerian’s surety of himself could almost give her hope for something else, someday. The picture of meadows, of land, and a home could nearly form in color behind her eyes of slate, but she banished those thoughts, too. She had to live in reality, and hers was she would never be free.

As if he read her mind, he spoke of hope. Her heart sank as he spoke of his family tragedies, imagining the pain he must be enduring. It was her job, after all, to make males forget all that. She began to move closer to him, having forgotten her responsibilities for a brief moment. Perhaps this was his cue for needing comfort. Had he changed his mind, or had they spoken enough? “I am sorry to hear of your family, Valerian. It is noble of you to care for the others, though I’m sure it must be a strain,” she said as she sat beside him, the hint of flirtatiousness in her voice indicating she wished to ease him of his burdens.

Evangeline froze, all pretenses of welcoming warmth leaving her as if a blizzard had overcome a summer’s day. Love, he had called her. She was no man’s “love”. How did she end up here? Images flashed through her mind, the panic rocking her enough to drop the Cherie facade completely. Instead she stood as herself, eyes suddenly staring daggers at him. “Other work may be available, but I know I will always have work here. I will never not be fed, will never know of starvation, in this profession. If anything is certain, it is that men will always want to buy what I have to sell,” she bit out. He’d flown too close to the sun, and now Evangeline wanted nothing more than to storm away and leave him to find another.

@Valerian

Coding by Peachyy.
10-09-2021, 04:53 PM
Thread Closed