from
size
Extra Small
scent
supporting
threadlog
encounters
writer
I suppose I should preface this by saying that we don't have to go in detail with plotting before threading; I'm willing to write with anyone and just throw characters in with each other for the sake of seeing what happens. I'm open-minded when it comes to character direction. So feel free to emotionally and physically destroy my characters if that's what you desire, or try and give them a friend. I honestly think the latter would be more difficult.

I also don't mind if you message me here or on Discord if an idea interests you.

Lazarus Rokan

Lazarus grew up as a puppet for his father, the Emperor of the Nashoba. Lazarus was his prized soldier who led his warriors into countless victories and whose scars were not only earned on the battlefield but by the disapproval and contempt of his father, Talos. Talos abused his son while his Lazarus' mother, Meridia, stood idly by, and exercised his power to control him and use his abilities in combat to fight his battles for him.
Because of his past, Lazarus has a hatred in his heart for cowards and those who seek to control him. A disdain has also developed for youngsters, as he envies those with childhoods more kind than his. He is primarily motivated by the fear of being controlled (although he refuses to admit this fear), and thinks that the best way to combat this is to hold as much power as he can himself. He plans to rebuild an empire in the future, though for now he is enjoying his freedom from his father's clutches.

Points of interest:
-Allies or Friends: Although he may be intimidating, Lazarus knows that he will need to make allies if he ever wishes to recreate his father's conquest. Despite his dark presence, he isn't violent by nature, and will typically only attack if provoked (especially if this fear of control appears -- but more on that later), so he should be even quite peaceful to negotiate or converse with. Now, meaningful friends are a bit trickier, however, because he's never really had any, and since his outlook on the world is so bleak, it is unlikely that he will be so welcoming of kindness. He's learned that people use others, but he has yet to learn that they can support and strengthen each other, too. If you can put up with his cynicism and profound "teachings", it would be wholesome to see him actually develop some trust in someone.

-Love Interest: Along the same lines as friends, I am open to him developing a love interest. I don't usually go for the whole "sweet and innocent girl fixes damaged guy" thing, but someone could certainly attempt to, and although I can't ever see Lazarus being fixed, it would be very interesting to see some of his ideals challenged due to developing affectionate feelings towards someone and having his humanity (so to speak) appealed to. It would give him an internal conflict that I'd love to write. (But since he can get this internal conflict from other places, he's open to finding someone just as wicked as he is, too!)

-Enemies: As I've mentioned, Lazarus has a fear of being controlled, and anyone who threatens this will spark anxiety and rage. I definitely want him to at some point meet someone who ignites this in him, whether that's for better or worse. If he ever acquires enough power and influence to take what he wants, he will also seek to destroy anyone who stands in his way of doing so.

-The Nashoba: It is possible that he is not the only survivor of the fire (and they do not need to be as horrifically scarred as he is if they didn't spend their sweet time killing their father before escaping -- but still an option). The Nashoba were a bloodline that were said to be descended from the god of war, Beltoro, and were fueled by greed and conquest. They bred soldiers for war, and were merciless to those who defied them or Beltoro. I have ranks and lore written for them if you're interested in creating a character.

-His Mother: At some point, I definitely want to put an adoptable up for Meridia Rokan. His earliest memories of comfort involve his mother, although her love for her was quickly soured due to her unwillingness to stand up to her husband. If they are to meet again, he will struggle to look past his hatred for her before he can see her as his mother again, and she will likely need to prove that she is no longer a coward. Edit: Or if somehow she manages to convince him that she still loved him and he looks past her cowardice because emotional/family stuff -- but that would take a while to develop.
* A plot twist could include her not doing anything to combat his abuse because she thought it would make him stronger, if that's the route you'd like to go down.

-Apprentice: Although Lazarus has a bitterness towards youngsters, it would definitely be interesting to see him impart some of his wisdom and twisted teachings onto someone more impressionable. If they were to develop loyalty to him, there would be an irony in using them to further his cause. This can also go for adult characters.

Pythus Arezio

On the surface, this guy is likely one of the most unpleasant, obnoxious pricks you'll ever meet. He is entirely caught up in his own image and vanity, and has a false confidence that he will try and shove down your throat any chance he gets. If you want a conceited, over-dramatic, spoiled character who needs to learn some humility and his place in this world, he's your man.
Pythus is accustomed to getting whatever he wants and never having to worry about the consequences of his actions due to leeching off of his sister's status. Memphet was highly protective over her brother, and ensured that he was never harmed or humiliated, that he was always treated above the average citizen. When she lost her wine business to a conniving witch, this privilege of Pythus' disappeared, and he has now found himself amounting to nothing without his sister's accomplishments. It is now up to him and him alone to find some sort of purpose or redemption.

-A Leader (and/or Manipulator) : Pythus wants a lot out of life, but hes lacks the direction (among other factors) to acquire it. He’s been accustomed to having everything handed to him by his sister, and following her lead; having someone else that he can follow may fill her role. So long as they tempt him with promises of success, wealth, or purpose, he should be pretty easy manipulated into doing one’s bidding. It could be very interesting to see him fall victim to a more villainous character because of this, but I may also simply have him join a pack if this is not fulfilled.

-Friends: Hmm… now this one’s a bit more complicated. Given his feeling of superiority over others, it’s unlikely he’ll find anyone willing to put up with him, but if they are, we’ll see where that goes. As with most people who present themselves with overconfidence, he has insecurity buried beneath this that someone could either make him feel better about or challenge him on (more about this later). It would also be nice for a friend to encourage him to work harder in life, or remind him that he isn’t without his own worth, and that he doesn’t have to depend on others to find it.

-A Less Friendly Wake-Up Call: Pythus can’t get away with what he used to anymore, and he isn’t the center of everyone’s attention. Another character pointing this out (perhaps even with use of violence) would be really cool to see.

-Flirting or Being a General Nuisance: He’s typically the type to pester others simply for his own amusement, and if they happen to be female, it’s even more likely that he will make advances. If you wanted him to bother the hell out of your character one way or another, he’s your man.

-His Sister: I probably won’t put an adopt up for her for a while, since I’d like Pythus to struggle on his own for a bit (or find someone else to latch on to and try to leech off of), but I’d like to mention it anyway in case anyone is interested. His older sister, Memphet, took charge of their parents’ vineyard when they died, and she was the only person in his life he had that he genuinely cared about and who cared about him. Memphet was always extremely protective over him, even if he what he did wasn’t always right, and she essentially spoiled him unconditionally. Maybe she’s still like this, or maybe she’s changed now that she’s lost everything, too. In the case of the latter, I might actually be up for her making an appearance sooner.

The One Who Ruined it All: Another option for an adoptable would be the witch who poisoned the Arezio wine, since Pythus has a real vendetta against her. However, he doesn’t know what to do about it, so it could be interesting to see them interact as enemies. He despises her, yet he doesn’t have the balls to get payback (yet). He’s also only going off of what his sister told him, as it was never actually proven that she poisoned the wine, so perhaps he is even convinced otherwise. Ideally, I’d love to eventually see the interactions between him, the witch, and Memphet all together.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2022, 04:45 PM by Silvana.)
09-04-2021, 03:31 PM