sonder spring 1711

Spread the Love Gifts!

SPREAD THE LOVE

Hai everyone! So I just wanted to thank you all for being such an amazing community. Everyone here is so friendly and thoughtful and welcoming, and I honestly appreciate it so, so much <333333

So in that light, I've decided I want to do regular gifts! However, there's a catch ;D

I will choose characters based on people's nominations!

How do you do that, you ask?

Simply either reply here, or feel free to message me privately-- and tell me what character/player you are nominating, and something nice about them! It's that easy! :)

You are free to nominate as many times and as many people as you would like! <333

I'll do my best to get through the list, but I'll be picking and choosing from that list whenever I have time for extra art :)

Thank you all again! LOVE YOU <3
08-25-2021, 04:33 PM

admin

i nominate.... @Kit for @Sorcha! every time i come on site, there's something new with sorcha or just her character being her true self and it makes me v happy to see sorcha around! always interacting with the community and opening it up for us to meet due to sorcha's new 'voxi' protest thread!
08-25-2021, 04:43 PM

admin

also going to toss a quick nom to @Pixel for @Xandria! a shining spitfire in the community! i've been hooked on reading xandria's threads and am always at the edge of my seat for a response!
08-25-2021, 04:45 PM

admin

lastly (for the time being), i nominate @Amphi (for being the best obvi) and for @Arthur and his interesting character that very much reminds me of 'linguini' from ratatouille (but a doctor/herbologist obvi) and the fact that he is just really intriguing to read.
08-25-2021, 04:51 PM

I nominate Elwynn played by Essie because I've followed her journey for so long and she's amazing. Love her chaos.

I also nominate Ara played by clae. Because she's so cute and a literal angel. I love reading her threads.

I nominate Moira played by Chimaera because I love how chim writes her and how torn she is about current politics.

I nominate Ace played by Laura because he's such a lovable rogue and his threads are so fun to read.

I nominate Alexei played by Evan because I've always loved his pretty face. His friendship with Bae is so wholesome.
08-25-2021, 05:03 PM

I might nominate some more but for now I'm nominating @Colburn because he's a precious bean and I love his banter with Ace <3
08-25-2021, 05:45 PM

Colonel

from Rionnach
size
Medium
scent
Pine x Petrichor
supporting
Royalist
home
Rionna
writer
Amphi
I love reading all these so much, makes my heart so warm and fuzzy :'D

First up, Kit and @Sorcha! :D

All this happened, more or less. The war parts, anyway, are pretty much true. One guy I knew really was shot in Dresden for taking a teapot that wasn't his. Another guy I knew really did threaten to have his personal enemies killed by hired gunmen after the war. And so on. I've changed all the names.

I really did go back to Dresden with Guggenheim money (God love it) in 1967. It looked a lot like Dayton, Ohio, more open spaces than Dayton has. There must be tons of human bone meal in the ground.

I went back there with an old war buddy, Bernard V. O'Hare, and we made friends with a cab driver, who took us to the slaughterhouse where we had been locked up at night as prisoners of war. His name was Gerhard Müller. He told us that he was a prisoner of the Americans for a while. We asked him how it was to live under Communism, and he said that it was terrible at first, because everybody had to work so hard, and because there wasn't much shelter or food or clothing. But things were much better now. He had a pleasant little apartment, and his daughter was getting an excellent education. His mother was incinerated in the Dresden fire-storm. So it goes.

He sent O'Hare a postcard at Christmastime, and here is what it said:

"I wish you and your family also as to your friend Merry Christmas and a happy New Year and I hope that we'll meet again in a world of peace and freedom in the taxi cab if the accident will."

"If the accident will."

STOCK➤ Kati H on DawnthievesART+CODE➤ Amphi
08-25-2021, 06:38 PM

Mercenary

from
size
Large
scent
cedar
supporting
Voxi
threadlog
encounters
writer
Chimaera
I nominate Evan for Maui because I absolutely adore the character; she's just fun, unapologetic pirate-y goodness! I know of Maui's origin and almost adopted her myself, but seeing what Evan's accomplished and how Maui is written/developed makes me so happy that I didn't. :D
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2021, 07:53 AM by Moira.)
08-26-2021, 07:53 AM

Mercenary

from
size
Large
scent
cedar
supporting
Voxi
threadlog
encounters
writer
Chimaera
I'd also like to nominate Pixel for Argent because I truly enjoy reading the struggles of a soldier trying to find his way in life again from a such a different perspective. Argent was a good solider and seeing the writing explore what he's going through has been captivating.

I'll come back with more noms when I have a chance to read and write with y'all more. >:)
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2021, 08:18 AM by Moira.)
08-26-2021, 08:17 AM

Hunter

from Saora
size
Small
scent
Pine
supporting
Voxi
home
Perth
writer
Kit
I'd like to nominate @Ashon and @Kvothe ! I've always loved Ashon's writing and I'm so happy to see Kvothe again. I'm excited to see how things go between him and Nassar as time goes on B)
08-26-2021, 09:25 AM