supporting
Jacobite
home
Fae Forest
threadlog
encounters
writer
Stone
It was the early hours of morning, and Riften had been resting in the home his parents had made for their family. After discussing the many things that had tried to break Riften to his parents, he promised he would stay out of harm and trouble's way respectively. He did not wish to fight for Adahm, for Jacob, not even for Rayne. He was tired of hurting, and just wanted to be around those that actually loved him. Because he had been able to fix things with father, he hoped that Lenora would be here so that he could try to repair the things that had been broken between them. But she was nowhere to be found, and he supposed she somehow still felt a sense of duty to the crown - and for what? What did Adahm have that was so great to turn her back on her brother? The more he thought of it, the more it angered him and he was much further from the closure he needed. If he was going to speak to Lenora about it, he would need to do so in a way that was positive, not just throwing negativity at each other.

Just as he was sleeping, he heard a weird sound close to his head, but he ignored it. Whatever was making the sound was not stopping however, and not only did it not stop, it was getting louder. Riften opened an eye to see a bird with a rather unhappy expression in the eyes. He didn't see the message it was holding in its claws, and shut his eyes once more. Trying to drift back to sleep, the flapping noise did not end. Only when he felt the beak of the bird peck his face, did he decide it was time to wake up. "Okay! I am up! What is so important?" The bird dropped the letter at his paws. Opening it up, the bird watched him with a flittered frustration, his feathers were all puffed up, and Riften knew the bird was mad at him. "It's from Bast," he said aloud to himself, but the bird chirped a response and then quickly sped off into the direction of where it came from.

He watched the bird for a moment and then started to read the letter. Oye she was mad. He could tell in the words scribbled on the paper. Riften stretched and looked behind him to where his parents were sleeping. He had just promised them he would not run off, and now he was half running off. She wanted to meet him at the border, not to cross it or go over it, but to just meet there. He knew that if he said any of that to his parents, they may not agree with such a meeting. He knew he would have to slink away before either of them woke up - even though the meeting time would be much later. Riften tiptoed out of the den and made his way to the sound-absorbent grass ahead. Then he jetted off in a flash, his paws carrying him through the terrain into the forest. He made sure that he was respectful of the area, and upon approaching, he could smell the scent of the border. Sinking low to the ground, he decided to low crawl towards the distinguished line between both worlds. He was doing it so carefully, slowly and quietly heaving himself forward.

"Hey! I don't think you want to be doing that pup!" "Who the hell are you calling a pup?!" He shouted out as the border patrolman charged towards him. The male was much larger, older, and probably more skilled than Riften. "I just want to see my friend, I am one of you..." The guard sneered and snarled, "You came from that side, out of bounds - there you will stay unless you got a good reason to be comin' over 'ere." Without hesitation, Riften darted towards the line, only to be stopped by the guard and thrown back to his side. "Go home!" Riften slid on the ground. He did not get up, but snorted in anger towards the guard as he walked off.

Riften waited around in the tall grass, laying on the ground. He was waiting to see if the guard would come back.

"honor the gods that walk among us"
@Bastille

04-02-2024, 04:52 PM

Fiery Soldier

from Rionnach
size
Medium
scent
chili peppers
supporting
Royalist
home
Rionna
threadlog
The Wildfire
writer
Cipher

Those first endeavors at getting a message across the border had ended rather poorly though Bastille held high hopes that one of her later attempts had garnered success. No foolish highlander to intercept a letter nor devour the very bird meant to squawk it out. If she ever laid eyes upon that shadowed buffoon again there would be no hesitance in tearing him a new one. His blood would grace her tongue again with a vengeance. Though in these moments it was not the nameless she sought nor the smoke laced guard fought alongside but rather a friend.

With the sun’s rays just creeping over the horizon a patrol would be changing soon and these early morning hours left openings. Many would still be sleeping and with shifts running long, the night watchers may be less vigilant, they might be too tired to act upon less threatening souls that attempted to set foot onto the lands of Rionnach. If not… well the fire marked wolfess could do was hope she discovered the pointed boy first. That coat appearing more akin to the feral felines glimpsed in town than any other wolf she’d seen. Though her thoughts of this ‘kitty cat’ were swiftly derailed as grumbled tones rose from an unknown stomping past her.

Her ears flickered toward him. Something about a sand coated brat trying to cross over, how he’d need to tell his fellow guardsmen about this troublemaker in case another attempt was made beneath their watch. Whoever this man spoke of Bastille hoped that his frustrations would only led to her own amusement. Desert marked tail waved languidly behind her before calling out to the guard, “Want me to handle this little 'rat' problem?” She was careful not to let posture falter as the man’s tired eyes danced over her frame. A huff slipping free, “Do what you will with the pup. Already got a warning.” Though whatever thoughts flooded his mind where not finished, however, it was easy enough to fill in the blanks.

More often than not it seemed the patrols went straight for punishment, a lesson learned rather than a mere verbal reprimand. If that was all which was done well, he got off lucky; but this sense of not knowing only urged her steps onward. She needed to find him. Surely this ‘pup’ still lingered near the invisible divide. With a brief nod toward the patrolman she turned to leave, a path quickened toward the border all while vibrant sights scanned the blooming foliage. It took some time but soon enough a flash of sandy tones blessed her vision and from the familiar aromas which radiated from that pelt it could only be one beast.

Riften. Maybe he hadn’t noticed her yet? Clinging to this notion a sly smile crept over the fiery femme’s lips before she crouched low to the ground. Slow calculated steps prowling ever closer to where the other lay amidst the grass. Even her breath died to a steady whisper as if she were stalking a prey item rather than companion. Though the moment she felt she was near enough muscles flexed and tensed before launching her forward, the wildfire aiming to pounce a top the ‘criminal’ that guard muttered about.

“Gotcha!” Lyrics sang as Bastille hoped to settle her weight over him, to press herself to his back though even if he managed to weasel away from her grasps it would not bring a tongue to still. “Wanna give me a reason not to bring you in?” Phrases teased at his ear, hinting that she had heard of the mishap she assumed he’d suffered moments ago. However, this was a soul she would never drag to the gallows. Laughing to herself another query slipped free, “Assume you got my message Riffy?”
05-07-2024, 12:26 AM

vigilante

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
fresh cut grass, lemon
supporting
Jacobite
home
Fae Forest
threadlog
encounters
writer
Stone
He was shocked that he had actually been found by one of the guards. For some reason, he thought he would be able to get around without actually being spotted. He was lucky he was only verbally sent away. He had heard rumors of others that did not get the same sentiments. Maybe this was because they thought he was a child? He was no child. He was an adult now. His eyes watched carefully into the area in his hiding place. Truth be told, he would probably be seen again, but he hoped she would arrive soon enough. After all, he was the one that was following what her note said. He was on time, but where was she? He would wait here as long as he thought he could. But if it got too late, he would have to go back home and prove that he was not in Rionnach. Before he knew it, someone was getting very close to him while he was busy sniffing a beautiful flower that was blooming. He focused on the petals, his mind not reminding him of how much danger he could be in - if he were spotted.

Right as she was to begin her assault, he was pulled back into reality and sat up to see what was going on. As she launched herself at him, her paws hit his chest and his back landed on the ground with a thud. As she jokingly threatened him, he could not help but to chuckle. He didn't bother to push her off of him either. It wasn't really a concern of his at the moment. Not unless she was actually serious of turning him in. "I definitely got it. Did you instruct that little thing to peck out my eyes if I didn't pay attention to it?" He smiled at her as he had asked, of all the wolves he had come across, she had never done him wrong. They had been friends for a long time, if there was anyone outside of his bloodline that he had trusted, it was her. "What did you need me to come see you for? You know my folks are on the run, yeah?"

"honor the gods that walk among us"
@Bastille

05-07-2024, 07:41 PM