scent
supporting
Undecided
threadlog
encounters
writer
Wynn
Ashira

The Redwood was a setting Ashira had heard about from passing conversations and rumors that turned out to have merit. Monochrome paws carried her through the forest, bright silver eyes watching the branches as they swayed in a chilly breeze. Winter was almost gone, but stayed to try and fight for its final attacks of bites and nips at warm bodies. She was able to tolerate any season, provided she did it the way destiny intended. There was a slight undercurrent of warmth as the wind picked up and the sun tag teamed it to bring more light where Ashira was present. It felt slightly delicious under her paws and she gave a ghost of a smile for winter’s futile, cold attempts.

The leaves in the trees had not fallen since autumn was universal for this part of the continent. She looked at the many colors that were above her, ranging from the palest yellow to the darkest red. The spectrum could play and dance in the breezes that pushed and pulled at the branches, but they refused to detach. Ashira finally broke her gaze to see where her path had taken her. A trail had been established a long time ago and she was in the midst of seeing a waterfall a few miles away from where she trekked. It was there that she stopped and sat, giving fate the reins (as always) as she absorbed the scents and scenery around her for the time being.

template by bean
03-25-2024, 08:18 AM

Loner

from Rionnach
size
Medium
scent
pines
supporting
Undecided
home
Redwood
threadlog
encounters
writer
Essie

SINCLAIR COAX
i can't repent for something i meant
besides you know i love the punishment
Maybe there was something to this 'fate' thing Ashira always talked about because here they were, face to face again. Was he meant to find her again or was she following him? He doubted either, but it didn't stop the slow, small smile that spread across his face as he slipped from the shadows and into view. He walked towards her, his gaze almost lazy, and stopped short a few feet away. He could smell many scents on her coat from here but that did not bother him, surprisingly.

She would do whatever fate intended for her to do and that meant going with the flow of life. He often swam against that flow, time and time again, and perhaps that was why he was usually miserable and alone. Yet his mind wandered to those who had filled his life as of late and those who had disappeared from it. He was not quite as alone as before and he was learning to let go. That was good, wasn't it? Or perhaps he was simply latching on to something else.

He lived here now, in these woods, between cities, and he wondered how she had found him now. "Are you following me?" he questioned her curiously, his smile fading. He usually wore a blank expression in leu of anything else for the strain on his face was annoying.
code by claerie
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 07:36 AM by Sinclair.)
03-27-2024, 12:22 PM

Charge Nurse

from Rionnach
size
Medium
scent
supporting
Undecided
threadlog
encounters
writer
Wynn
Ashira

Fate was always friends with Ashira, so long as she did what it asked. The monochrome woman did not often fight or argue what was meant to happen for her along the road of life. She went with the flow, as one would say, without attempts to change what the course of that flow revealed. Ashira gave full credit to fate and destiny, for they were the sources of life that ensured she was meant to be by going where she was called. Soft touches of invisible hands or whispers reached her almost every day and she depended on these unseen urges more-so than anything else in this life. This always explained why she was in the most unexpected situations and at the most unexpected locations. Both of these settings did not deter her, no matter whom she met.

Are you following me? a gruff voice asked. Ears perked and she turned one in the direction of Sinclair, a sign given before she turned her head in his direction. Her chin slipped over her shoulder to rest, while her bright eyes met his lavender gaze. Apparently, I am meant to cross paths with you, Sinclair. Her answer was not a direct yes or no, but he knew that Ashira would eventually tell the truth...no matter how bluntly she gave it. Otherwise, should you become my life's purpose, I will follow you everywhere. One such as Ashira could get away with speaking like that to Sinclair. If she had been any other wolf, her words would have repercussions. How have you been, my friend? As he walked closer, she removed her chin from its resting place, causing a soft crack to emit from her neck. A pleasant feeling went along her bones and muscles, but she did not feel any pain.

template by bean
04-06-2024, 09:39 AM

Loner

from Rionnach
size
Medium
scent
pines
supporting
Undecided
home
Redwood
threadlog
encounters
writer
Essie

SINCLAIR COAX
i can't repent for something i meant
besides you know i love the punishment
As expected, she called fate into their meeting and he offered a small huff. Whether that was in disagreement or not would be up to her to determine. His ears twitched as he turned his head to watch her move, coming closer but not so close that they might touch. "I am nobody's life purpose," he reminded her, though how it was bone deep that he wished he were wrong. His gaze lingered on her as she asked him then how he was doing. He wasn't... horrible... if he were being honest with himself. For once he did not feel the sinking misery he always felt but instead a glimmer of hope, if that was what he could call it.

"I'm doing well... I recently moved to these woods due to the border patrols." he said. He didn't admit that there was a reason for that yet, and that reason happened to be a lovely singer by the name of Circe. He hadn't admitted that to anyone save himself. His ears twitched again and he looked around the perpetually red forest. It was beautiful here, still somewhat secluded like he liked and not too crowded like in the cities. He was still not used to the way things were around here but the more time he spent with the natives, the more it began to grow on him, he supposed.
code by claerie
04-12-2024, 04:02 PM