supporting
Voxi
home
Perth
threadlog
encounters
writer
Essie

As he wandered the border between Saora and Rionnach, he thought about his life and where he was going. He'd enrolled in one of the new schools, Abhainn it was called, but his studies were to begin next spring so he had time on his paws to burn.

And why had that led him here? He wasn't sure. Maybe he was curious to see the old ruins of the college or maybe he wanted to see if they had yet cleaned up the old battlefields... or maybe he was just bored and wandering. A sigh left him and he paused his walking. His paws were cold from the light layer of snow that had settled on the ground but not cold enough to where it bothered him yet. He lifted his nose, scenting the air for signs of border patrol. There were none. He wondered what might happen should he run into them. He'd make sure to avoid them if he could, he wasn't planning on crossing over into Melrose at least not right now.

Gwydion carried on his walk, his mind churning with thoughts. He wondered how his brother was doing, the only family member he'd not seen in some time, the rest he lived with. They were blessed to be able to stay together mostly but Arran was the missing one it seemed. He wished his brother would get some sense and leave the Army and come home but he had always been one for glory or whatever it was that you gained from joining an Army. Gwydion had never been interested, he had gone down a different path and that path had changed many times. He was not the same wolf he was even a year ago.

@Sakura
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 04:59 PM by Gwydion.)
03-16-2024, 07:36 AM

Spice Trader

from Rionnach
size
Small
scent
Ginger & Citrus
supporting
Undecided
home
Aberdeen
threadlog
encounters
writer
claerie

Sakura

It felt odd to skirt the ruins of the college knowing that, just beyond half of it was a whole additional nation. Saora. Ruby eyes trained upon the grass that looked as lush and verdant as those underpaw in Rionnach. The trees were not so different, the ferns and bushes as fragrant as these. And yet, should she take one step over it, she would be at risk for imprisonment—or worse. It felt foolish, alien even, but Sakura had minimal stake in these lands. What she longed for was home—although that wasn't quite right. No, what she really wanted was that fleeting feeling of belonging.

She wanted to go outside and understand the language without trouble. She wanted wolves to not twist an ear at her accent, for her circle of friends. Sakura longed to know every path through the city, to be accustomed to the weather, to know its patterns. But all of that felt terribly out of reach. It always had but, even though her brother had done fuck all since coming here, it felt worse without him.

Perhaps that was because no one was waiting for her at home.

Naively, she had been hoping that Arran would try to take their relationship closer. Perhaps he'd... propose? Her cheeks reddened and she shook her head. "Don't be stupid," she murmured, and yet her heart ached. Why did he have to ignore her so often? She knew he was busy but... he seemed to be focused on others these days, even after laying claim to her after the war.

Her brow furrowed and she shook her head—but not before catching sight of another. But it wasn't just a stranger. It was—"Thief!" The title fled her lips before she had a moment to think.

The fur along her nape ruffled and she stalked toward the border. "You still draw breath I see!"

She was being harsh, she knew that, but it felt good to feel something other than self-pity.

code by claerie , inspired by an old gutz/bunny table on folk
04-04-2024, 05:47 PM

student of abhainn

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
clover
supporting
Voxi
home
Perth
threadlog
encounters
writer
Essie

"Theif!"

The word caught his attention quickly and Gwydion turned his head towards the familiar voice to see a familiar face. It was the woman he'd tried stealing from so long ago!

Gwydion didn't know whether he should smile or balk, but a split second later he found a grin weaving its way onto his muzzle at her second comment. "Of course I do!" he said, perhaps a little proudly as he puffed out his chest. His brother had thwarted his plans last time but he'd weaseled his way out of arrest by running off. He still couldn't believe Arran had threatened him with such a thing over some plants. He didn't even really recall what he'd tried to steal, actually.

"I'll have you know I have a name," he added, giving her a pointed look. He glanced about, ensuring they were the only two wolves around before he walked closer to her. "You don't have to call me thief, you can call me Gwydion. And I'm sorry about before, by the way." he said, tacking that last bit on in hopes that she did not hate him. He was not the same kid anymore, he was someone different, someone better... at least he liked to think so.
04-17-2024, 05:06 PM