scent
Orange blossom
supporting
Royalist
home
Rionna
writer
alz
“It’s dandelion, the wine.” Winter was not Eleanor’s favorite season, the chill that pervaded through the walls and her fluffed out fur unwelcome on her skin, but if there was any boon to be gained by its arrival it was that the bountiful summers Rionnach boasted contributed to the return of her favorite drink to the markets’ shelves. This was the first bottle of many that would be drained by golden lips before the season would end.

Of course, she was learning there were other things to be enjoyed during these colder months as the warmth emanating from Freyja’s sturdy form wafted against the arm she outstretched to fill the marauder’s cup. She still wasn’t sure how she’d gotten the woman to relent to this request. Sipping wine and learning how to be proper were hardly things Freyja would choose to occupy her spare time with, but here she was attending the first of Eleanor’s ‘etiquette classes.’ Her eyes’ unsolicited assessment of her companion as she did so assured her that she was in better shape than when they’d last seen each other. It lifted a weight she didn’t know had been sitting on her chest. But breathing wasn’t the only thing that revelation made easier; her maw curved into a sharp grin, side-eying the woman tauntingly. “I know your tastes aren’t cultured, but even savages can enjoy a sophisticated beverage from time to time.”
code: elyon | art: rott-gutt
01-28-2024, 09:11 AM

Marauder

from Rionnach
size
Extra Large
scent
Frost, Cedar, A Hint of Blood
supporting
Undecided
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

IF I WAS YOU I'D
R U N

“Dandelion Wine, eh?" The Captain of the Valkyrie mused, never having entertained the idea of partaking in a drink produced of flora. Her gaze lingered upon Eleanor's face, noting the slight furrow of concentration in her brow as she poured the drink. Her eyes wandered, traveling the length of a slender arm until she found herself eyeing the liquid that filled her cup.

Time spent with this noblewoman never had a dull moment and served as a source of a new form of entertainment for the pirate. Then again, it wasn't simply the prospect of entertainment that drew her to the Lady's presence. She gave a roll of two-toned eyes in response to Eleanor's taunting and gave a soft huff of defiance. “Don't know who yer callin' a savage, but m'always willin' to try somethin' once."

The Marauder lifted her glass and tilted it towards the other woman with a grin. “Cheers." She added, before throwing the drink back, bottom's up as she let the smooth and somewhat sweet liquid slide down her throat with ease. Setting the cup down with a clank, she ran her tongue across her lips and hummed thoughtfully, trying to decide if she liked the beverage or not. “Ehh...s'missin' a bit of...bite..." She commented, giving a click of her jaws for emphasis as she turned back her companion expectantly.

@Eleanor

If I was you, I'd hide,
If I was you, I'd be afraid,
Afraid of what's inside...

code by claerie ~ art by ashon
01-28-2024, 12:47 PM

Linguistics Student

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Orange blossom
supporting
Royalist
home
Rionna
writer
alz
She felt, rather than saw, the attention rake down her arm, heat burrowing into the scores left in its wake and causing her fur to slightly rise. Fortunately, Freyja had moved on to observing the swishing liquid. Eleanor took that moment to compose herself; it was rare for the lady of House Calyx to reject the spotlight, but she didn't want it to be obvious just how affected she was by her audience (despite having thrown herself not once but twice at Freyja).

Rather unfortunately however, that wasn't the only reaction Freyja could elicit from her. Eyes bulging out of her head, Eleanor watched in abject horror as the wine was drained within seconds. "Y-you–" Was it surprising? Hardly. Her reluctant visit to the Drunken Seagull had introduced her to a world where patrons tossed back sour concoctions with no delicacy or decorum. Had she hoped Freyja would be just a bit classier than that? Desperately. An error in judgment to be sure, and Eleanor so loathed to be wrong.

So much so that it was seconds before her dainty paws were grasping the pirate's neck on either side in an attempt at shaking some sense into her. "THERE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A BITE—IT'S MEANT TO BE SAVORED, YOU ABSOLUTE HEATHEN." Eleanor's shout rocked the walls and might certainly have been heard by the diners from the ground floor, and that realization was enough to make her pause, clear her throat, and release Freyja. "...is what someone without proper etiquette might say. Do take note."
02-10-2024, 07:17 AM

Marauder

from Rionnach
size
Extra Large
scent
supporting
Undecided
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

IF I WAS YOU I'D
R U N

Freyja's eyes widened with the sudden, visceral reaction from the so-called Noble woman who seemed to want to choke the life out of her for drinking alcohol how it was meant to be drunk. Apparently, that was not the case in this scenario. Her brows then furrowed with mild annoyance as her gaze slowly dropped to the paw holds Miss Etiquette had on her shoulders. Eleanor must have either got the message or simply recalled her composure. That wild streak that the both of them knew she had was crammed back into a cage of prim and proper behavior.

“Sure..." Freyja grumbled and sat herself back into a reclining posture that was clearly defining whatever manners she was expected to adhere to. She lifted a massive ivory paw and gestured with a wave at the bottle. “Right then...well, why don't ch'ya demonstrate the way I'm meant to enjoy this Dandelion wine of yours." She then leaned forward and smirked, lowering her voice. “And take care to do it slowly. Ya know, us Heathen's really benefit from knowin' the specifics...like how to hold the glass...n' where to put my lips..."

@Eleanor

If I was you, I'd hide,

code by claerie ~ art by ashon
02-10-2024, 04:10 PM

Linguistics Student

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Orange blossom
supporting
Royalist
home
Rionna
writer
alz
"I recommend keeping your lips shut if you'd like to keep them," came Eleanor's grumbled, moderately flustered retort. By now she was used to the innuendos Freyja tended to dapple into each conversation, but that didn't make her immune to them. She pressed her paw against the captain's extended nose and applied just enough pressure as to not aggravate the healing fracture but push her back across the invisible line Eleanor had drawn between them for her own sake. Like magnets, each time they drew near each other, it was difficult to pull away.

Eleanor refilled the other glass with a warning glare. "Wine is not a gulping beverage. It's an experience meant to be enjoyed, and a lady's shield when she's in the eye of others. She takes a sip when she needs to hide a smile, or collect her thoughts, or-" Here, she paused to take a sip herself. She relished the way the familiar flavor made her tastebuds burst to life, stealing the moment to enjoy the sensation as well as exemplify her next point, "-build a moment's tension. It's especially effective in conversations with a suitor. Boys won't admit that they like the suspense, but they do." Not that that information was of any particular interest to Freyja, but Eleanor couldn't deny being the least bit curious about what reaction the froth-furred wolf might have at the mention of being courted. Was it jealousy she hoped to stoke?
02-25-2024, 10:09 AM

Marauder

from Rionnach
size
Extra Large
scent
supporting
Undecided
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova
IF I WAS YOU I'D

R U N

The triumphant grin that formed upon her lips vanished as a dainty paw pressed firmly upon her nose. The beastly woman peered over the obstacle to study the haughty features of her noblewoman companion. The Captain held Eleanor's gaze, anchoring intensity between heterochromatic orbs as she withdrew. As she did, however, she tilted her muzzle to the side, angling a delicate wrist against her lips to leave behind a kiss before breaking the contact entirely. If she were to lose her lips, at least Eleanor would have something to remember them by.

She awaited the refilling of her drink patiently, a softer smile having takin over her maw as she playfully swirled the liquid in the glass to copy the other woman. There was a glimmer of confusion in Freyja's eyes as Eleanor did her best to explain the form anf function of wine drinking. “A shield? This wouldn't do ya much good in a bar fight..." As she listened further, it became apparent that the ‘shield' was completely metaphorical. She sat back and watched as Eleanor's lips came to caress her own glass as she took the smallest sip of the floral spirit.

Freyja awaited the completion of the lady's sentence, hanging off of every wine-scented syllable. The mention of suitors and boys seemed to jar her from her daze and she returned to her helping of wine, a snort of a laugh interrupting the sip she was about to attempt. “I can see why males are fond of that suspense...gives 'em time to wonder what that mouth of yours can do."

She then went back to practicing the sipping of alcohol, cutting her eyes at Eleanor with a knowing look. Don't think I don't know what you're doing... The glance seemed to say before she lowered her glass, licking her lips in deep thought. “Hm...when I was a girl, men didn't give a shit what you were drinkin'. Would slap it right outta yer paw too if it got in the way of them and getting what they wanted whether you liked it or not....a pause between sips sounds like such a luxury..." Freyja's ears twitched and lay back slightly, not realizing how loose lipped this flower juice was already making her. She huffed, going to gulp down more of the smooth liquid before reminding herself to adjust to a sip at a time.

@Eleanor

If I was you, I'd hide,

code by claerie ~ art by Yahtzee
02-26-2024, 08:10 PM

Linguistics Student

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Orange blossom
supporting
Royalist
home
Rionna
writer
alz
A kiss stolen against her wrist earned a second glare, but whatever heat Eleanor wanted to infuse it with was reserved for her blistering cheeks. Countless lips had brushed her fur before but never before had she felt such a stir in her heart than right now. It was easy to drown in the fantasy of knowing what was in Freyja's heart, selfishly hoping that these fleeting moments were as unfulfilling for her as they were for Eleanor.

At least a proper lecture, ignoring her companion's interjection, gave her something else to focus her thoughts on. Though she was not an heiress by birthright, court etiquette came second nature to Eleanor, who'd spent the better part of her life playing the role. "Is sex all you ever think about?" she asked, a sly smile on her face. Freyja's laughter made her feel lighter than the alcohol slowly working its way through her system.

Though it appeared the buzz was making quicker work of the pirate's inhibitions, courtesy of her quick drinking. Wolves that sneered at these 'pansy' beverages were often put on their ass once it took effect. That was another benefit to sipping wine (one that Eleanor had mindfully left out). She couldn't have accounted for the raw honesty it drew from the pirate queen however, barely able to tame the horrified expression before Freyja could glimpse it. She shifted ever so slightly closer, wanting nothing else than to reconcile whatever demons were submerged in her past through the tenderest of touches. "Well, no one will be slapping anything out your paws today. Pause as much as you'd like to," she offered in a rare moment of sincerity that did not house her usual snark. She would not diminish the trust Freyja was showing her by mocking her for it. "I only want for you to enjoy without fearing it will be taken from you." After all, Freyja had not taken anything from Eleanor, even when she'd had the chance.
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 05:22 PM by Eleanor.)
02-29-2024, 03:38 PM

Marauder

from Rionnach
size
Extra Large
scent
supporting
Undecided
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova
IF I WAS YOU I'D

R U N

“Is sex all you think about?"

This was as good a time as any to try out this sipping pause thing Eleanor was going on about. It gave her some time to think about it as she eyes the noblewoman over the rim of the glass. She swiped a tongue over her lips to savor the floral notes of the drink before she opened her mouth to speak. She held her glass down with one paw and raised the other to object. “No...sex isn't all I think about..." She mumbled and then her brows furrowed as she searched for something else to offer up. “I also think about...women! Yes, women, that's it. Women...and having sex with them...which is a very important distinction, Eleanor, love." Freyja spoke matter-of-factly, as if she were teaching another one of those vital life lessons.

The more wine that entered her system, the less guarded she became, clearly speaking the first thing that came to her mind. She hadn't realized it until her tongue had waggled beyond her intentions. For the first time in a long time, Freyja had found herself flustered and she could feel the heat rising in her face, although, at this point, it was hard to tell if it was the wine or deep-rooted shame rising to the surface. She turned her face away, hiding it in whatever was left of the alcohol.

When she felt Eleanor shift closer to her, she instinctively flinched and then relaxed, her ears lifting at the sound of the woman's dulcet tones. She turned her head slightly, enough to see her through one bloodred eye. When her companion mentioned fear, the tension returned and the walls fortified in defense as she turned on Eleanor quickly. “I'm not afraid!" She hadn't meant for it to sound so harsh, but even so, her mouth was saying one thing while her eyes betrayed her. “Sorry...I...maybe I just need more..." She muttered, sliding a now emptied glass back over for another serving.

@Eleanor

If I was you, I'd hide,

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2024, 11:29 AM by Freyja.)
03-03-2024, 11:29 AM

Linguistics Student

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Orange blossom
supporting
Royalist
home
Rionna
writer
alz
“Oh, sex and women and having sex with them—Forgive me my forgetfulness.” Though her voice was underlined by a laugh, sequestered between the words was an emotion several shades darker than simply their playful bite. Sure, she could feign composure, fix the mask back in place… but Eleanor found that she did not want to because doing so would undermine the trust and respect they'd cultivated together. But there was something else she did want to do.

Bridging the last bit of distance, she would lean forward to coast her muzzle across Freyja's neck up to her cheek until she had to stretch to reach. “How foolish of me not to remember the very important distinction between those things, Freyja, love.” When she pulled back, pleased with herself, her eyes glimmered their unspoken challenge. Think about having sex with those women now, they said.

She was already moving away when the sharp rebuff came. While she did not voice it, the hurt it inflicted was betrayed by Eleanor subtly distracting herself by smoothing the unruffled cream fur on her chest. Anything to keep her eyes downcast, away from the unfailing attention of Freyja's. To her credit, she did not lash out in return as she had once before. As difficult as perceived rejections were, she was trusting that this was something else.

Eleanor replenished the outstretched glass, wordlessly until... "I'd never tasted wine until my uncle took me in," she offered a subject change by way of sharing insight into her own past. "His home wasn't equipped for a child, let alone on such short notice, and he wouldn't hear the maids' advice on what appropriate beverages were. It's been my favorite drink since, however bittersweet it may be..." Trying (and failing) to tame the waver in her voice, she readied herself for the next admission, for she knew it would be a painful one. "It reminds me of coming home... and also of loss. I likely would never have tried it if my parents hadn't died at autumn's end."
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 03:54 PM by Eleanor.)
03-05-2024, 03:53 PM

Marauder

from Rionnach
size
Extra Large
scent
supporting
Undecided
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova
IF I WAS YOU I'D

R U N

The correction she'd offered on her thoughts was received with something of a laugh and sarcastic agreement. Even with under the influence of the dandelion wine, she noticed an odd look in Eleanor's eyes just before she'd invaded the space of the Captain. The noble woman pressed her muzzle into her fur of her neck and then up to her cheek, further intoxicating her with the aura of her perfume. Freyja's reaction to it all was slow, caught somewhere between a warning growl and a groan of arousal. She despised being touched without her consent and without warning...and yet, with Eleanor, she found herself yearning for it.

Of course, any chance of that was dust in the wind after her outburst and the silence following it unsettled the crusader more than she would be willing to admit. Freyja glared down at her roughened paws regretfully after she'd pushed her glass forward. She was incredibly irritated with herself for being unable to keep her composure, especially in front of her...friend? They were friends now, she supposed...not that she would know what truly having one was like.

The sound of liquid being poured lifted her gaze just as Eleanor began to speak, returning their topic of conversation to the wine again. Then she shared memories of her childhood, recalling her Uncle and then her parents. By the time she'd trailed off, Freyja was turned towards her again, her full attention locked onto Eleanor as she absorbed everything about her that she was willing to reveal. Talk of parents was an interesting one for her...considering she had no love for her mother or father...however, Eleanor's parents seemed a great deal important to her. And if they were important to her, then they were important to Freyja.

She lowered her head in respect at the mention of her loss. “My condolences...that must have been difficult for ya..." She observed, willing herself to understand how it would feel to love someone and then lose someone. Freyja took the base of her glass and swirled the alcohol within it like she'd seen the other woman do. She sipped a bit longer than necessary, her brows furrowing before she lowered her glass and nodded. “Haven't had proper wine before...so...I'd say the taste reminds me of...well...you."

@Eleanor

If I was you, I'd hide,

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2024, 04:37 PM by Freyja.)
03-07-2024, 04:36 PM