Jacobite
home
Tir Na Nog
threadlog
crow
writer
alz
so we'll run to the sea—
Nothing was quite out of the ordinary. A dazzling onstage performance was drawing to its conclusion and snaring the attention of the patrons that weren’t presently occupied by the other forms of entertainment the Howling Moon offered… perhaps for just long enough that a singular soul could make his way unnoticed towards the back and disappear. His presence and subsequent absence were hardly at the forefront of anyone’s, let alone the flamboyant entertainer basking in the applause his show garnered, minds.

But when the door swung open to Valerian’s personal quarters, the silver wolf would find a massive figure already occupying his rotund bed and enjoying the many comforts the array of exquisite furs strewn across it boasted. Bastien had enough vices to contend with without complicating things further by sleeping around with whores, but it didn’t mean he didn’t enjoy the miniscule male’s company any less, and he canted his head sidelong to grin impishly as his companion entered. “Welcome, welcome! Do come in and have a seat,” he said by way of inviting the performer into his own chambers, hefty black tail lashing into the air with a flourish, and sounding quite like a ringmaster commending his unwitting audience for their generous pockets.

Beside him, disturbed by his master’s dramatics, the mallard duck called Fish was swaddled comfortably between two pillows, though from one of them poked out a feather that must have gone unnoticed by the creature’s disapproving glower.
—and find no captain waiting
code // art
01-28-2024, 09:06 AM

Entertainer At Howling Moon Brothel

from Saora
size
Small
scent
Spiced Rum and Ginger
supporting
Jacobite
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

A

fine show it was. The first one he'd had back in action since his little incident. The doctor hadn't exactly approved it, but, hey, the show must go on! And everything had gone exceptionally smooth, all things considered. No harm, no foul, right? It wasn't until he'd left the limelight and that divine rush of performer's adrenaline left him that he felt the weight of his injuries begin to feel like they were crushing him. He leaned against the wall for support as he now limped down the hallway to his chambers. He kicked the door open and started forward with the expectation of throwing himself onto his bed of furs and letting exhaustion take him out.

“Welcome, welcome! Do come in and have a seat."

Val snapped to attention, lifting his gaze from his heavy feet to land upon an incredible mass of white fur with some darker embellishment upon his tail and muzzle. Eyes of the deepest crimson he had ever known stared back into his own cerulean eyes that had grown wide at his unexpected, but not entirely unwelcome visitor. The bard was stunned silent for a moment or two before rolling his shoulders back, his maw opening to speak when he spotted something else laying among his plush nest of finery. Squinting, he realized there was a damn duck in swaddled in between his pillows.

A breath of a laugh of disbelief emanated from his throat and he turned his head back over his shoulder expecting Nell and some of the girls to be standing there to claim their prank. “Alright! Very funny, you lot! The duck's a nice touch, but you know I'm still in recovery and am not taking visitors!" Valerian shook his head and turned back to eye the handsome fellow, limping over to a side table where a drink awaited him.

Despite not having the full taste of alcohol thanks to his attempted sobriety and Carmichael's insistence that he continue on with it...even the slightest hint of rum was welcome after his show. “Back for another therapy session? You know when I suggested a comfort item, I did not exactly have a pet in mind...I would've never taken you for a duck man." He chuckled to himself before lifting his glass to his lips to begin drinking. “And how did you bribe your way in this time, Bastien? I have to know."

@Bastien

art and code by Yahtzee-Penguiduck
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 09:43 PM by Valerian.)
01-29-2024, 12:05 PM

Mercenary

from Saora
size
Extra Large
scent
mulled cider
supporting
Jacobite
home
Tir Na Nog
threadlog
crow
writer
alz
so we'll run to the sea—
Bastien followed Valerian's attention to the creature nestled beside him, casting a glance at the bewildered performer. He shrugged off the comment about his chosen pet; it was a fair assessment, and not one that hadn't been made before. "What can I say? I'm a man of many facets," he boasted, then lowered his voice as if to be conspiratorial and gestured to Fish, "But I'd be careful what ya say about 'em. Quite the ornery little thing, that 'un. And I think it goes without saying, but probably for the best not to mention what kind of pillows those are." The mallard didn't seem at all impressed to be excluded from the conversation being had over his head, seemingly surprisingly shrewd for prey. He leaned his head in and let out a single warning honk.

Bastien feathered the end of his tail against the outstretched bill to placate the creature, then turned back to where Valerian was making outrageous assumptions. He placed a paw across his broad chest in playful offense and scoffed, "I'm appalled that you think me so desperate as to bribe my way in. I snuck in like a proper gentleman. That being said, you should invest in better security, Vallie." He patted the bed with a suggestive waggle of his brows. "Lucky for you, I'm in between contracts at the moment."
code // art
02-26-2024, 06:45 AM

Entertainer At Howling Moon Brothel

from Saora
size
Small
scent
Spiced Rum and Ginger
supporting
Jacobite
home
Aberdeen
writer
Supernova

While Bastien talked, flapping his gums to hear himself no doubt, Valerian locked eyes with the mallard. He didn't understand avian creatures...even his own corvid Cyrano was a mystery to him. When he stared into their beady eyes, he could never derive emotion nor predict their behavior. It was most...unnerving. He set down his cup and drew his attention back to the brute hogging his bed.

At the nickname, the bard groaned and pressed claws to his temple as he shot the younger male a look of disapproval. “What have I asked you time and again? Don't call me that. You are quite the creative lad. Can you not come up with anything else?" It wasn't that the name bothered him at all in the slightest...it was something only his little sister called him. The same sister that had vanished into the shadow of the day. It had been so many moons since he'd seen her and he continued to search, yet there was not a single hide nor hair that he could find. The name simply reminded him of his failure to bring Ruby home.

Valerian breathed a short laugh through his nose at the confidence of the mercenary. “And what makes me so lucky?" Ocean eyes glittered with renewed amusement at the mere sight of the arctic titan sprawled out over his pillows with his quacking entourage. “You knooow, come to think of it, I could really use a massage after such a riveting performance...so long as there's enough room for me over there."

@Bastien
art and code by Yahtzee-Penguiduck
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 10:52 PM by Valerian.)
02-29-2024, 10:49 PM

Mercenary

from Saora
size
Extra Large
scent
mulled cider
supporting
Jacobite
home
Tir Na Nog
threadlog
crow
writer
alz
so we'll run to the sea—
Valerian seemed too preoccupied by the stand-off he was engaging Fish in to heed the helpful warnings being offered. Though only one of them had a toothy advantage, judging by the fatigue in the miniscule male’s movements when he’d come through the door, Bastien wasn’t convinced there would be a clearcut victor if his unlikely companion was provoked. The mallard, meanwhile, pinned the performer with the blank, unnerving look of a creature consumed by violent thoughts—thoughts that, while not obvious in the terrible blackness of his eyes, roiled just beneath the surface.

Their tension was thick enough to deflect most of what the mercenary prattled on about, but one thing did stick and elicited an expectedly unappreciative protest, leavening the pressure in the room somewhat. Or at least redirecting it to the lesser of the two evils possessing the bed. Bastien schooled the grin threatening to form into something akin to resignation, summoning the lamenting tone of a scholar who had grown weary of his students’ stubborn disregard. “And as I’ve said time and again, I will take it under advisement.” He might have considered being more obliging if Valerian were more forthcoming.

But sharing past regrets wasn’t on today’s agenda. He had come here for lighthearted companionship, nothing more or less, and Valerian’s breathy laughter assured him that that expectation was still on the table. As were other things, supported by the wandering note in the smaller male’s voice. “Lucky that I’m a very attentive guard...” Bastien trailed off only long enough to hoist himself close enough to lean across the unremarkable distance where Valerian stood and comically pluck him onto the mattress on the side not currently claimed by Fish (who found himself, despite his muffled but not less furious honks, smothered by a heavy black tail). Somehow the largest in the room ultimately ended up with the least amount of space, but he wasn’t complaining. Rather, his lips crooked again, preempting even more impishness: “…and quite good with my hands.”

With an empathetic waggle of his toes, he delivered a mockingly ominous message, “Prepare for a demonstration,” and set about finding the areas of tension in Valerian’s shoulders and back, as adeptly as forewarned. Nosy healers necessitated a need for self-care in less severe cases. Bastien might not have been able to tell herbs apart from poison, but he could at least make stiff limbs more manageable with a pleasant touch.
code // art
04-19-2024, 02:58 AM