supporting
Undecided
home
Inverness
threadlog
Odette's Menu
writer
Supernova

Rionna was an absolute marvel of a city. Despite the wear upon the walls and cobblestone that gave the Capital its usual charm, it all appeared to be as pristine as it ever was. There was very little to even signify that there was a war going on beyond the Mainlands. Perhaps a herald every now and then upon a street corner. Or the gossip of nobles as they drifted between marketplaces. It was so easy to forget the world's worries or her own, for that matter.

Odette glanced over at her father who chaperoned her on this trip after some unfortunate events had occurred the last time she attempted to travel alone. A shiver rolled down her spine at the thought and she pressed her flank closer to her father as they moved further into the metropolis. They stopped outside of an inn where he leaned down to press a kiss against her forehead. “I'll book us a room and settle in. Ya come back 'ere when you've had yer fill of shoppin'."

“Gotch'ya! I won't go far. To the usual spots is all." She smiled cheerfully and then touched noses with her sire before making her way downtown to the bustling streets lined with vendors. Odette paused at the very head of the first street to take in the smells, sights, and sounds, peering about before she proceeded ahead.

Her attention was drawn to a group of soldiers moving through the crowd headed towards Castle Stuart. She blinked and then took a second glance, for a moment thinking she saw a woman who appeared almost identical to Rhodes at the head of their company. By the time she'd thought to take another look, the soldiers had disappeared among the crowd. Odette let out a sigh, giving a shake of her head to clear it before continuing on her way.

'Tea Leaves and Thyme', her most beloved vendor in Rionna was just ahead, brightening her smile. She quickened her pace, a skip in her step when a shape moved out in front of her path. “Didn't know they were still lettin' Highlander scum in 'ere." Odette skidded to a stop and eyes widened as she stared over the abrasive brute's shoulder at the stall she was headed to, just out of reach. “I'm not looking for any trouble, good sir. Simply here to purchase goods for my shop in Inverness." She did her best to keep calm, although she felt a rising panic in her gut as flashes of recent memory attempted to haunt her in this open space.

“You can find yer goods elsewhere 'n go back to where ye came from." The male growled taking a step towards her in an attempt to force her to take a step back. Although fear held her in a death grip, Odette held her stance, lifting her posture proudly as she remained where she was as her body language dared him to challenge her further. Gods, what am I getting myself into...?

@Aurora
12-22-2023, 06:31 PM

Medical Student/Noble

from Rionnach
size
Small
scent
Dew and Neroli
supporting
Undecided
home
Rionna
threadlog
Birdcage
writer
Lunar
Aurora

Her lips pressed as her gaze traveled along the bustling streets, ears pinning and she sheepishly walked around with no real direction beyond trying to catch the scent of a certain someone. She nearly tripped on a pair of paws that kept close to her own, surprised to see that Passage had come with her on her expedition but at least with the surely feline she didn’t have to have a guard with her at all times since the wildcat’s expression was enough to often deter anyone from bothering her most days. Those same feathers atop her head would press even harder to her skull when a growl and hiss bubbled from its throat, causing her freeze up and glance around uncertain what had its tail all bushy. It sure caused more than just her to fluff up as others became more sparse around her. Maybe that was the point, having noted Passage wasn’t anymore fond of crowds than she was and unlike her wasn’t afraid to make it known in order to get space in return.

Drawing in a breath, she steadied herself, trying to brace the anxiety that threatened to make her legs fall out from under her as despite the afforded space it did cause more eyes to flock to them. She hated those cursed eyes that judged her every action, her every misplaced hair. No matter how much confidence could be found within, it rarely reflected externally as that demure expression perpetually courted her features. She wanted to just turn around and head home at this point but she desired the company of Victorian more than anything right now but she hadn’t seen him for a little while since her Aunt’s funeral. He was probably at the barracks, working what felt like so far away from here.

Maybe she should focus on getting some herbs for the classes she would be partaking in soon enough, officially. She still couldn’t believe Diluc agreed to finally let her attend school, making her wonder if her mother had something to do with it, convincing her to finally have some freedom without having to sneak around. Maybe it was simply because the school was within reach now, no need to travel far and wide to get there. Maybe it was even the Doctor’s own words that had gotten to the Helvig patriarch. Whatever the case, she was thankful as it gave her more to do and as she faded into her own thoughts she forgot she was in the middle of the street surrounded by strangers, making the tremors in her legs lessen.

It wasn’t until the eruption of men spatting about Highlanders that her ears would come back to what was around her, causing tension to claw along the delicate framework of her spine. A gorgeous woman of delicate hues was being harassed it would seem, timber coat and golden eyes reminding her of her step family, the Tiamats. Shells twitched upon her crown at the airy voice of a maiden that didn’t sound to be one of physical brutality but a pleasant dame that need not be heckled. Gaze would shift away at first, wanting to just move away, not wanting to dance with the cruel world today.

What if she was who killed….no no that was plenty unlikely. Father had said Nassar was killed by a man and mother’s friend Leoric killed by a woman of all black. She forgot the one description of the third death that haunted her kin but she was certain it wasn’t someone delicate and sweet that smelled of her favorite drinks. Gwydion and Lorelei were both Highlanders she had trusted before the war. Why let the war change her perspective of seeing the North as kinder beings than the citizens she grew up with in Rionna? Don’t become cold and hollow like all the others of this world, seeing the world in a black and white lens.

With hesitation, she would turn her focus back to the young woman, feeling her own hair standing on end as she moved timidly closer till she was next to the stranger. “She is a guest of m-mine as she prepares the best goods in the land. She is no harbinger to run amuck and taint our streets. You should b-b-be ashamed of heckling a darling lady that only wishes to purchase your wares. Hardly a way for a merchant to keep customers; you may lose them all with that churlish behavior,” she tsked softly, showing only a faint backbone but not one enough to start a fight, using only her nobility here as a shield she hoped would work well enough while pretending this was a woman she had hired. She would cast a sideways glance to the woman, feeling like this daring body language wasn’t helping in the slightest.

“Come, dear,” she tried to get the girl to follow her away from the crass man toward Rosemary’s little herb shop she often got her own teas from to mix her medicine within.
01-07-2024, 10:12 PM

Owner of Rosie's Tea Garden & Patisserie

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
Vanilla and Chai Spice
supporting
Undecided
home
Inverness
threadlog
Odette's Menu
writer
Supernova

Neither of them were planning to move out of the other's way, caught at in impass. The only thing that caused her to waver was the stench of whiskey on his breath as he drew his face closer to hers. He's drunk... Odette wasn't certain if that was a help or a hindrance to her. Tongues made loose by alcohol revealed the truth, more often than not. She locked eyes with him, glaring into them as her lips parted to speak again.

Her words were stolen by another soft-spoken voice as she suddenly found that she was joined by a girl she did not now. With the newer presence, the man shuffled backwards, putting some distance in between them so he could eyeball the young lady that scolded him. Out in the open, there were other wolves that began to take notice of the conflict with her arrival and they turned to stare at the man with disapproval in the expressions of the public.

The aggressive brute blinked down at the arrival who was clearly a noble, likely the daughter of someone important and with the many eyes now set upon him, he struggled to come up with something to say. Instead he drew back and huffed at Odette who now wore a triumphant smirk upon her maw. “Watch your back...yer kind's not welcome 'ere...” He got his final word in before retreating and slinking back into the crowd of onlookers that watched as he left before returning to their shopping and gossip about the rude ‘drunk at the market’.

Odette took to her new acquaintance quickly as she was beckoned, sidling over to her so that they were arm-in-arm as they moved away. “Goodness, I couldn't have said any of that better myself. Thank you for that." Her smile was full of relief as she dipped her head in acknowledgement. “This city has...changed since I've last visited..." Her smile faded to a frown a she let her gaze wander about the market. When she looked back to the lovely stranger, her golden eyes reflected an apology. “I hope I haven't spoiled your day, Miss.”

@Aurora
01-08-2024, 10:20 AM

Medical Student/Noble

from Rionnach
size
Small
scent
Dew and Neroli
supporting
Undecided
home
Rionna
threadlog
Birdcage
writer
Lunar
Aurora

The consequences of her actions were the last thing on her mind as she attempted to defend a stranger that very well could house something dark within and prove her so wrong. She was surprised the drunkard was letting up to be honest, so used to the boozehounds at the family winery being vile beasts that didn’t just back down because a young girl told them too, threatened or not. Maybe it was only the audience that had started to form that had helped her prove her point? She wasn’t really sure, but she admittedly was getting more and more stage fright by the moment as her legs threatened to shiver as if she was freezing cold. It only became more apparent when the man withdrew, as if every bit of courage she had mustered faded in an instant. Fear swaddled her but she did her best not to show it till she was less within the public eye.

She couldn’t help a jolt from the sudden close company of the other woman, her fur fluffing up much like the cat that lingered near on her other flank. A shaken breath out escaped her as she glanced at the woman, lashes fluttering sheepishly as the puff of her chest deflated to nothing and her demeanor was entirely docile. An onlooker probably wouldn’t think it was the same girl from a second ago. Maybe even this stranger would view it the same way but at least she wasn’t paralyzed with social anxiety like she used to be all the time.

“Oh-! Ummm you’re welcome, sssweetie,” she blinked a few times, taken aback by words of thanks. It made her cheeks swelter under her furs, feeling increasingly bashful with each breath she took and each word that repeated within her head. To be thanked for something like this, she never would have dreamed of it. Being a silent shadow was so much easier.

“You didn’t deserve it. The locals are rather c-crass and not fair to t-t-travelers, especially as of lllate,” she started then paused when the other spoke up about Rionna being different than she remembered. Her gaze fell from the other girl, lips pressing as she tried to think of a time where the city was ever friendly. “It’s alway-way-ways been cruel here.” It was all she would say on the matter as the songbird locked in a cage most of her life, only fluttering free when she dared anger her keepers. It was never her that paid the consequences but rather those that served her.

A small smile was returned with a cant of her head, taking in the woman’s visage for a few seconds before anxiety caused her gaze to dart away from eye contact. “I chose to intervene. He should b-be the one apologizing, not you,” she chided gently, allowing that maternal hush to claim her voice.
01-21-2024, 04:38 AM

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
Vanilla and Chai Spice
supporting
Undecided
home
Inverness
threadlog
Odette's Menu
writer
Supernova

As they fell into step with one another, she felt the other girl's coat fluff up against her own. She attempted to subtly maneuvered herself so that there was a comfortable distance between them. The further away from the action they were, she could almost feel her new companion's confidence dwindle. It was quite the curious shift in energy, but she remained open and as kind as she could be to the girl who'd seen her through such an awful interaction.

Her head tilted as the mention of rude merchants and a cruel city struck her ears with such a straightforward and brutally honest observations. Of course, as a traveler only seeing the city briefly everytime it might appear like an incredible metropolis of possibilities. To her friend, it seemed, she'd had other experiences of her own. “So, I take it...you live here? In the city?" Odette voiced her curiosity, wondering if it the rose-colored lenses of an adventurous spirit that made the true nature of Rionna undetectable.

She gave a shrug with a mention of the brute needing to be the one apologizing. “I doubt he could ever find the nerve to own up to any one of his own mistakes, so let's not hold our breath on that unless we prefer turning blue." Odette chuckled lightly as she offered her attempt at a joke and then gave a glance around to some other stalls before smiling upon her savior. “At the very least, allow me to treat you to something from the market. Were you here shopping for something specific? I can purchase it for you as long as it's within my means."

@Aurora
01-22-2024, 10:44 AM

Medical Student/Noble

from Rionnach
size
Small
scent
Dew and Neroli
supporting
Undecided
home
Rionna
threadlog
Birdcage
writer
Lunar
Aurora

Her ears would twitch at the girl shuffling some distance between them, avoiding allowing her head to follow in turn as she had mixed emotions on the action. It was nice to not have to be packed like a sardine with a stranger but at the same time, now she felt more vulnerable to more dangerous strangers around them and it caused her to subconsciously move a bit closer to the girl that just granted her space. Lips pressed into a thin line with only the faintest hint of her trained smile poised to not seem so cold with each passerby they came across, inching closer and closer to the other girl. Passage on the other hand was weaving along with growls and hisses every now and again, making some wolves move away from them the further they went along, which she was kind of thankful for.

There was a pause in her step when asked about her home, if one could call it that. “Well…yes I’ve lived here all my life. Almost. T-there was a little stint where I stayed in Melrose with my step father after the protests b-b-but that was a rather short excursion once war took over, I fled back h-here,” she tried to smile a bit bigger to seem more cordial, but she was having trouble keeping it with the current topics in the air.

Her expression became a bit more strained at the idea of holding her breath until someone made a right choice in life, not even realizing it was meant to be a joke. Dropping the conversation about the man would quickly be a choice she would make, not wanting to dwell any further on the gloom of a drunk jerk. She hoped her company wouldn’t mind.

She would focus instead on the next subject matter, feeling a bit of heat swell as she thought of why she was in the markets to begin with. “I was… looking for someone and if I f-f-failed to find him, I was going to go to my favorite tea place. Since it seems I have failed, you could j-j-join me if you’d like? Or we could go somewhere else? Payment w-w-wouldn’t be needed, your company is enough,” she offered softly, timid as everything.

She lacked much in the way of friends, especially female ones and perhaps that showed in how awkward she was. The last girl she spent time with she had gotten flustered with the thought of kissing but never acting on it. It still perplexes her to this day why she would want to kiss another girl at all, and she suddenly felt even more awkward next to this girl in her presence now. What if she started having those thoughts toward her too? Oh goodness.

Redirect those thoughts before it was all she could think about.

She was hesitant to mention who she was from name to position in society. If she gestured where she lived within castle walls, would animosity form? Would she suddenly be a victim to greed she hadn’t seen from the girl just yet. It was about the only thing stopping her from introducing herself in order to get the other’s name in turn, no matter how much she desired it now. It seemed no matter how hard she tried to be the image of herself she wanted to be, she always failed in some way, and she didn’t feel right lying. A sigh escaped her as she figured at least a first name wouldn’t be so bad to give, just keep her surname out of it. “I’m Aurora by the way… what might I c-cccall you?” she said with the smallest curtsy, unable to stop the habit.
02-05-2024, 12:07 AM

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
Vanilla and Chai Spice
supporting
Undecided
home
Inverness
threadlog
Odette's Menu
writer
Supernova

As they moved along, the distance that Odette had offered her new friend became slimmer until there was no longer space between them again. This time Odette remained glued to her side, even pressing against her to try to show her the bit of joy it brought her to share the space. If the ebony woman glanced over at her she would smile warmly, clearly pleased with their proximity. Drawing her gaze up and ahead of them, she'd only just noticed the large cat, parting the crowd for the two of them with its ill-tempered hissing. It was quite amusing scene and she could only imagine what the royal treatment looked like to others.

At the mention of Melrose, a pleasant nostalgia tickled her brain. “The meadows of Melrose are gorgeous during the spring...I recall many a day trip there with my Papa, making matching flower crowns with each other..." A melodic chuckle moved past her lips at those fond memories. “I've also heard there's a school tucked away in those woods, but never got the chance to explore myself." Perhaps she would pester her father into taking a detour on their way back to Highlands just to satisfy her longstanding curiosity. She then began to eye the many wares of market vendors wondering what her acquaintance might choose to purchase.

As soon as her offer was declined, Odette blinked and returned her attention back on the girl she shared a stroll with. “Oh, well...ehm, if you're sure..." The baker's daughter hesitated, but ultimately conceded. There was surprise written on her face and she knew that she was not very keen on hiding her emotions. She'd been expressive since she was a child and instead had adopted honesty over the act of concealment. “I hope you'll forgive my awkwardness, I'm not used to spending time with others. I don't have very many friends back home."

She paused, her nose twitching as the last of her words didn't sit well with her. “But, it's really no one's fault aside from my own, I'm afraid. I manage to stay too busy at the shop to really...make friends..." Odette cringed at her own defense, wishing she could clamp her mouth shut completely. She was only making herself sound worse the longer she let her tongue waggle. What a way to make a first impression!

“Enough about me though, I'm simply rambling now! Why don't you tell me about your friend you're looking for. Perhaps I could keep an eye out for you." She giggled nervously, waving her paw as if trying to get rid of all the nonsense she'd said before. If only it were possible to rewind and start over on a clean slate. The other girl seemed to be uncertain when it came to introducing herself and all Odette could think about was how it was likely due to the young woman wishing to never have to interact with her again and be anything more than just someone she'd passed in the street. Of course, she wouldn't show those deeper, darker feelings on the surface.

The name, Aurora, flowed so beautifully upon her ears that it almost improved her mood entirely. “My...that is possibly the loveliest name I've ever heard..." She commented in awe and then attempted to mimic the curtsy, even it she had no earthly idea if she'd done it correctly. “I'm Odette! It is so very wonderful to meet you, Lady Aurora, it truly is!" She beamed brightly, hopeful that she hadn't messed things up too terribly just yet.

@Aurora
02-10-2024, 05:57 AM

Medical Student/Noble

from Rionnach
size
Small
scent
Dew and Neroli
supporting
Undecided
home
Rionna
threadlog
Birdcage
writer
Lunar
Aurora

If the feline wasn’t so focused on parting the sea of wolves, it might have turned on the new company but thankfully Passage seemed well enough occupied with each step eager to scare everyone away. Aurora might have found it funny herself if she hadn’t felt bad for the couple children that had bolted the other direction, not having wanted to upset anyone innocent and adorable.

Idle conversation would draw her attention back to the woman at her side, finding herself unsure how to handle small chat like this since she generally just had to look her part, the socializing usually done by other members of the family. She kept a pleasant smile as steady as she could, trying to not seem too timid as her gaze was eager to avoid any contact that might come their way, making her have to focus on meeting the other’s honey hues.

The mention of the school would cause her small steps to fumble a little, ears preening back with discomfort at the subject that was rather sore. “The college was d-d-destroyed in the last wave of the war, only ruins r-re-remain. It’s actually here now in Rionna, I just started attending. The idea of flower crowns, though, sounds nice. M-maybe you could teach me?” she blushed under her fur, feeling that was a bit too forward at the end for her own good. This wasn’t just some servant running around the manor, she couldn’t request things from her, that was surely rude. Then again Gwydion had so swiftly attended to being her desk as if he was nothing more than a lowly rat when they first met, and she was failing at growing up. Now that she wasn’t stuck being a yearling anymore, she almost missed it. Almost.

As apologizes rolled off the others tongue, she was quick to shake her head in protest, finding the other not awkward at all. At least, not any more than anyone else. “Socializing is h-hard,” she admitted, knowing she always did things the wrong way. Too bold got her scolded by other nobles, too timid got a lecture from commoners, nothing at all only satisfied her uncle’s demand for silence. “It’s a dance, I’m just a novice at m-m-myself. It’s hard to ever know when to curtsy or when to high step or when the other should t-t-take the lead or the other way around. It’s all rather confusing,” she giggled just a little, knowing this very metaphor could get a furrow of a brow from the other girl. It was a guessing game.

Hesitantly, she would gently brush her shoulder against the other’s chin as if to say not to worry. She didn’t exactly have many friends herself, able to count them all on one paw and some she had a feeling didn’t see her as one back. Some she wanted as friends she had never seen past one encounter. Faeryn, Lorelei. It was like they had vanished the moment their sole interaction ended, and she worried about them. Lorelei had been injured and Faeryn seemed lost. Letting out a sigh, Gwydion and Elias were so far away too. Victorian was really the only one here and even that wasn’t as often as she wished he was. Her teacher of course was there too but could she truly count him? There was Nimue too but after doing so little, she felt like the woman would never wish to see her again and she felt it would be reasonable.

“It’s a shame you d-d-don’t live here. I’d love to be your friend… good ones are hard to come by and they rarely seem to be here,” somber, her smile trembled a moment before straightening herself back up. “Oh he’s a soldier. He’s probably j-j-just working at the barracks,” she assured, her tail hanging low at the cruel thought of him possibly avoiding her after she had cried on him so much right after he returned from war. He probably hated his fur being matted with tears.

She would get too flustered at the compliment on her name to speak, feeling heat rise to her cheeks and the ability to make eye contact completely going away. If she could, she might have hid her face altogether, feeling that warmth rise all the way up to her ears as she caught the awkward attempt to curtsy out of the corner of her eye. It was sweet but she couldn’t muster the words up to say so. “N-no the pleasure is mine!" she would quickly chirp back, not sure why she gained the strength to talk then but she felt even more embarrassed in doing so.
02-27-2024, 09:19 PM

from Saora
size
Medium
scent
Vanilla and Chai Spice
supporting
Undecided
home
Inverness
threadlog
Odette's Menu
writer
Supernova
The College had been destroyed? What else was she missing by spending her days at a constant pace of busy behind a counter? Odette's eyes grew wide, concern filling her gaze when she realized she'd likely upset the poor girl. “Thats awful! I thought it seemed a bit less lively as we passed through the woods nearby...I'm so terribly sorry...is it not going to be renovated? Surely the kingdom could offer funds for such an endeavor." She apologized and then voiced a suggestion that she might just follow up on herself.

The mention of flower crowns seemed to be a means of lightening the mood, however, so she leaned into it. Fluffing up her chest proudly, she lifted her nose, taking on an almost haughty gait. “You happen to be in the presence of a master flower crown maker! It would be an honor to bestow my knowledge unto you! She smiled warmly, the idea of spending time with another female who was a friend and crafting together, stirring a buzz of excitement within her.

With her acquaintances admission that she found socializing to get challenging, Odette found she could breathe more easily. The metaphor of a dance was even far more accurate than she could imagine. Even if she was not versed in the etiquette of curtsying or whatever a high step was, it made sense. The baker nodded fervently and giggled along with the other, bumping shoulders as she did so. “Yes! It's exactly that! It's so odd, though...when I'm working my shop, I don't seem to have as difficult a time with the song and dance...it's when I'm outside of that atmosphere that I discover I have two left feet in the middle of a waltz."

She was able to laugh at herself then, rolling her eyes. “Perhaps that's why I don't have many friends...too afraid of stepping on toes! Forgive me if I've stomped upon yours." She chuckled, bashfully this time, knowing she likely extended the metaphor far too long, but it seemed like the lovely maiden of Rionna might understand. The touch to her shoulder and the sentiment of a wish that her presence was local made her heart feel lighter and she smiled brightly.

“I'd love to be your friend too!" Was That too eager? Odette wasn't certain she cared anymore. “Even if it's from a distance, I would be most honored to be given such a gift as your friendship! And I do travel here every once in a while! Although, I'm not certain of how that will work in the future...I've heard whispers of a border being enforced...but, I would love to keep in touch!"

She was incredibly hopeful to even be given the chance at friendship and was even trying to mentally come up with more reasons why she'd be a good friend as the subject shifted to her other friend. “Oh, a soldier? I'd imagine he's quite busy these days...I hope not too much to be able to spend time with you though!"Odette added cheerfully, her tail wagging as she tried to seek out positivity when it came to topics closer to the war.

Not meaning to, it seemed she'd made the girl rather flustered with her compliment and she giggled nervously. There was still time to soil her first impression and she started to feel like she was treating on ice. Aurora did make a point to let her know that their meeting has been a pleasure also. That had to be a good sign! Odette brushed her tail against the girl's flank side to try to comfort her without the effort of more words. It was then that she spotted a flower vendor and scampered ahead to admire the blooms, looking back at Aurora to invite her over to do the same.

@Aurora
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2024, 03:09 AM by Odette.)
03-15-2024, 03:08 AM

Medical Student/Noble

from Rionnach
size
Small
scent
Dew and Neroli
supporting
Undecided
home
Rionna
threadlog
Birdcage
writer
Lunar
Aurora

She gave a small ear flick as the other went on and on with inquiries and it was making her head spin and her anxieties creep up more and more since she didn’t have all the answers. Not even close. It wasn’t like just because she was of nobility that she knew every piece of gossip amongst the capital or it’s attended to buildings. Trying to keep a grip on herself, she straightened her back and tried to keep a soft attentive smile as she looked to the other girl, searching her own mind for possibilities. She had heard some things but nothing definitive. “There are whispers of it being m-moved here. My family is one of the ones that a-a-assist in funding it so I’ll likely know soon enough,” she answered sheepishly, avoiding making eye contact. She hoped that information wouldn’t make her out to be part of some cruel dictatorship.

That drawn away gaze would be returned when the other became more theatrical and she let out a giggle at the display, finding it rather charming in a childish way as she thought of her younger siblings. Such a thought brought more comfort to her in the moment, perhaps finding the calmest among those two, well, so long as she didn’t think of them as her replacement at any point. That was her biggest problem, and she was getting too old to think that way. Her mother had every right to have more children and be happy without her around. It just hurt to think about missing out on something she always dreamed of having for herself. Maybe she needed to think of making her own family instead. Flower crowns, however, kept her mind at bay as her tail gave a few eager wags at the proposal. “I hope not to disappoint you…. It seems r-r-rather daunting in its artistry,” she mused, not sure how they could weave anything the way she had seen.

The gentle shoulder bump would make her stumble just a little, not expecting it. Once the slight shock fell away, a warmth invited itself into her chest as her smile only widened all the more gently. “You haven’t stepped upon mine, Ms. Odette. I’m the one that s-s-stomped into your space first,” she shook her head, dismissing the apology swiftly as she kept close to the larger woman. An ear would turn at the mention of a border and her demeanor would lose any excitement it had before as her gaze drifted toward the sky, taking in the floating clouds that looked far softer than wolf kind. “We could always send letters, though I don’t have much e-e-experience with birds,” she looked back over, holding in the fact she was afraid of large birds as a whole. The tiny messengers were okay, but the ravens made her fur stand on end. Her mother’s raven especially.

She would only offer a small smile at the discussion of Victorian’s work, not so sure what to say to any of it. Last time she had started sputtering about him she made an awkward fool out of herself, and she was not eager to do so again and so she would try to drop it.

A shiver would make her shake in place for a second as a tail found its way against her, nearly jumping at the contact and feeling that awkwardness increased the longer she was in the other’s presence. Before she could fully register it, she was abruptly alone, and she let out a relieved sigh before worry took over that relaxation. Odette hadn’t slipped entirely away, it would seem, seeing her all excited over flowers. Carefully, she made her way over to join her, though her thoughts weren’t on how pretty they were. Instead, her mind was going over ones that could be used for medicine, taking a self-made pop quiz in her head. Unfortunately, there was no way of knowing if she passed since Dantes wasn’t present.
04-14-2024, 05:18 PM