Wildflowers and honey
supporting
Undecided
home
Fae Forest
writer
Supernova
Howdy!

I know that the Breeding Check rules were changed to allow for a single [Breeding Check] one-shot post to be accepted so long as it is 300 words.

I would like to suggest that a Breeding Check Thread can also be counted. I have several threads ongoing with Rilo about upcoming Clover x Cian babies and yet none of it can be counted for a Breeding Check because the posts are not 300 words long. Combined, the posts are well over 300 words. I don't feel like we should be punished for not having a single post of 300 words when we have clearly been putting in the work over multiple threads.

Soooo, yes, please consider the addition of a Breeding Check THREAD, where we can put [Breeding Check] in the title.

Gracias!
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2023, 05:18 AM by Clover.)
06-06-2023, 05:18 AM

Owner

Hi Super,

Thanks for the suggestion! It's been nice to see the Clover x Cian threads around site and we're all excited for their second litter ❤️

After having a chat together about the breeding requirements though, we will opt to keep them the same for three main reasons: consistency, fairness, and reduced workload on staff.

As for consistency: believe it or not, but the breeding check (also once the "bonding moment") has always been one long post of 300 words! We used to even require them per puppy and so we've reduced it to just one for the whole litter which has hopefully made it much eaiser! In the past, "threads" where these were posted were just one post each from the parents, so that made it easy! Actually, allowing the posts to appear sandwiched in other threads is something new that we opted for to make it easier on one-night stand couples that might struggle to do one one-shot entirely by themselves. But of course, that has led to some difficulties with labeling and we're navigating that now Smile

Finally, we want to be fair to everyone else that has appropriately filled out the breeding check as written and checking a whole thread drastically increases the burden on staff. We want to keep breeding streamlined and quick for us so that none of you are held up with your plots.

For all these reasons, we really appreciate your cooperation with the breeding check's requirement of 1 long, 300-word min post Smile And, once this wave of litters settles down, we can revisit breeding checks again. We hope padding one Cian / Clover post to nudge it up by 100 words will be okay and it'll make a world of difference for us!

Thank you again ❤️
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2023, 07:13 AM by claerie.)
06-06-2023, 07:11 AM
Reply #2 Smile